Chapter Six

SO, I ADDED MORE TO CHAPTER FIVE! GO BACK AND READ IT BEFORE YOU READ THIS!!! DO IT NOOOOOWWW!!
—————————————————————————

  Bereet had to be dropped off at Xandar. Thankfully her stop is exactly where you were headed. Peter is saying his goodbyes to her, her eyes lighting up as he does. You're just staring at the large fountain with your arms folded over your chest.

"I really enjoyed your company, Peter." Her voice sounds so annoying right now.

I rEaLlY eNjOyEd YoUr CoMpAnY, pEtEr. You roll your eyes in a fit of jealousy.

"Uh-Yeah. It was nice knowin' ya." Peter backs up, bumping into you.

Your head jerks up at him, your lips in a line. He nudges his head towards a place that you don't know because you can't see behind you.

"Wait, um, I'd like to speak with you..." she tries to figure out your name as you and Peter look at her.

"(Y/n)." You point out.

"Oh, yes, (y/n)." She smiles.

You turn towards Peter. "Go 'head to The Broker. I'll catch up in a second."

He nods. "Okay." With that he takes off, hurrying from the two of you.

"I'm sorry about this whole thing. I didn't know he was with someone." Bereet apologizes.

You shake your head. "We're not together."

Her eyebrows furrow together. "Really? It seems like he cares for you deeply. The way he looks at you is the look of no one else being in the room."

You look over at the fountain. Is that a Raccon? And a...tree man? "Well, you have nothing to be sorry about." You turn your head towards her again. "Everything's okay."

"I'm so glad you are not angry with me."

You nod. "Yeah.."

"Well, have nice day. Goodbye, (y/n)!" She smiles and waves goodbye.

"See ya." You wave.

She walks away with a beaming smile. When she's out of sight, you book it to the Broker's shop. You love seeing the stuff he's got there. Eventually, you make it after running past a shit ton of people that are in your way. Peter must already be in there. You hurry inside and see Peter talking to The Broker.

"Where's Yondu?" The Broker asks as he makes eye contact with you.

"Wanted to be here. Sends his love." Peter nods. "And told me to tell you, that you got the best eyebrows in the business." Peter laughs at his own joke.

The Broker scoffs as he turns his attention to the orb. You walk up beside Peter with a smile.

"Hey there, Broker. How's the wife and kids?" You beam as you rest your chin on your hand and place your elbow down on the counter.

He smiles. "Well, my youngest just got a job at Nova Corp, and my eldest is out traveling with his girlfriend. As for my wife, well, she's still adjusting to home without kids."

"Well, I'm sure she'll get over it soon. Then you guys can spend time together without the kids at home. You guys should get a pet!" You make small talk as you stand up to your full height again.

"Perhaps we will." He smiles, looking down at the orb.

"What is it?" Peter questions.

"It's my policy never to discuss my clients, or their needs." The Broker picks up a few tools.