Chapter Nine

He takes off his ear piece, places it behind your right ear, and presses the button, making it expand across your face. You gasp for air, his arms around you. No! What is he doing!? You have to get his helmet off of you! You can't let him die! Fear sets in at the thought of losing him. What would you do without him? A tingle rushes down your spine.

"Peter, no! I'm okay!" You try to break free from Peter's arms, but your strength is weakened extensively from being in space. Tears well up in your eyes at the thought of losing Peter, the man you love.

"Peter! No, no, no, no! Dammit, no!" You sob as Peter begins to freeze. His face crystallizes as a smile slowly makes its way to his face, telling you everything is okay. His face turns blue from lack of oxygen, and his eyes are completely red.

"Peter, you can't leave me like this!" You cry out as you try to break free. "Peter! No! Come on!" You attempt to get an arm free. "Peter, please take your helmet back! I'll be fine! I was doing just fine before you rushed out here like a looney! Please! Please, take it back." You sob, attempting to get him to take the damn thing back.

Bright lights encircle you and Peter. He must've told Yondu your coordinates. "Yondu's here! He's gonna save us! Stay with me, Peter!" You beg, sobbing. The bright tunnel of light wraps itself around the two of you, drawing you forward. It brings you to the ship.

You both fly through the door that you were thrown into when you two were first kidnapped, Peter landing on top of you. You smile as his face goes back to normal, all lifelike and not frozen. He gasps for air, regaining as much oxygen as possible. You chuckle as he presses the button behind your ear.

Without thinking, you grab his face and bring his lips to yours. A mind blowing kiss on each of your lips. Finally, you have gotten what you had dreamed of for so long. It feels wonderful. It feels amazing. It feels...right. He hasn't pulled away which means he's enjoying it.

When the need for air becomes too much, you break apart. His eyes roam your face as yours stay on his. Mentally, you curse yourself for what you've just done. Why did you do that? You've ruined everything! The thing is, if you could go back in time, you wouldn't change what you've done. You want him to know just how damn scared you were of losing him. How scared you are of losing him.

"Finally." He says, leaning down and kissing you again.

Finally? He wanted this? Does that mean what you think it means? Does he-is he in love with you? You two split apart, both your eyes and his staring into each other's. But he said it was a mistake when the two of you almost kissed.

"I thought you said it was a mistake when you almost kissed me before." You bite your bottom lip.

He shakes his head, his right hand cupping your cheek and wiping the tears from your face with his thumb. "What I meant was, telling you it was in the moment on your birthday was a mistake."

You chuckle, feeling like an idiot. "Well, now I look dumb for not letting you explain."

He shakes his head. "No, I get it. If you said that to me, I would've felt the same way." His eyes roam your face. "I think that day all that time ago was when I realized how much I loved you. I knew I had a crush on you for a while, but when we almost kissed..." He blinks, trying to remember the day. "That's when I knew I loved you. It all hit me at once."

  Your cheeks heat up at his mini speech. "Why didn't you say anything, Star-Lord?" You tease.

"I didn't wanna lose you. I was scared that you'd be weirded out or something." He admits. "Why didn't you tell me?"

  "I felt the same way. I thought if I told you, you'd want nothing to do with me." You focus on his eyes.

"I can tell you now that I'll never abandon you, (y/n). Ever." He plants a kiss on the top of your nose.