8. crazy little thing

"So how much would it take for you to give me Holly's number?" Arthur says as he pushes the treadmill up another speed.

Seth rolls his eyes as he does sit ups beside him. "Nothing because it won't happen. Over my dead body."

"I mean that can be arranged, if I have to." Arthur smirks. "Cmon. She was into me I can tell - aren't you the one who said I need to get laid?"

"You can get laid by someone else. Holly is off limits." Seth says sternly. "Now shut up, Paul will murder you if he heads you saying her name. He doesn't like you."

"No one likes me." Arthur rolls his eyes as he climbs off the treadmill.

Carlisle comes into the garage smiling. "Hey boys. Arthur.." He holds up the pill bottle and water bottle.

Arthur scoffs. "Still can't be trusted to take my own antidepressant?"

"You know we just want to be sure you take them." He says as he takes one out and hands it to Arthur with the bottle.

Arthur swallow the pill and opens his mouth. "Tada. You can go now." He throws the bottle aside and goes to the weights, grabbing two 10kg ones to start with. He begins to pump them, his back to his grandfather.

Carlisle sighs, slipping the bottle away. "We're doing it for your own good. Hate me all you want, I'm the one who suggested it. But it isn't going to finish it."

Arthur ignores him and Carlisle shakes his head sadly, smiling small at Seth before leaving. Seth sighs. "He's just doing good by you."

"He's going against my wishes. Just because I'm on parole doesn't mean I'm not an adult. I should be making my own decisions. I've been taking those shitty things for weeks and they're useless. They make me feel sick, tired. They aren't doing anything but making me feel worse. But do they listen? No, course not. I can't think for my fucking self. "

"Rub it in their faces - take it and go about your day. They'll be a lot less satisfied if you ignore it happening."

"How can I ignore it? If I don't take it they'll either bury or crush it in my food, or they'll force it down my throat." Arthur snaps.

"They wouldn't do that." Seth reasons.

"Oh you don't know them the way I do." He snaps and puts the weights down wiping his sweaty hands on a towel. "I'm going for a run."

"I'll come with-"

"On my own." He finishes, ignoring Seth as he runs out, putting his earphones in. He heads into the forest a bit annoyed with it all - another thing on the list of annoyances. Will it ever ends?

He runs for a while, heading up the mountains and skirting his new perimeter. He slows his run as he sees a car stopped along the side of the road, the hood up. He pulls his earphones out and goes over. "Hey, do you need any - Holly? Wow, hi." He grins.

Holly smiles in surprise as she climbs out of the drivers seat. "Hey Arthur. This is a little... Odd?"

He smiles. "I was just out for a run. Need any help?"

"I was waiting on a tow truck but that probably won't be here for another hour or so... So yes please." She smiles.

Arthur tucks his headphones away and heads to look at the engine; Holly smiles and watches him, her eyes falling on his ankle tag, her smile fading. So that's what Paul meant...

"Try the key for me?" He asks.

Holly snaps out of her thoughts. "You know what, it's probably easier for me to wait."