17. adjusting and acceptance

I apologise for the very late update! Hopefully the next one will be in a week or so but in tbe mean time why don't you guys share ideas what could happen in the future for them? I have a few ideas but I wanna get a sense of where you guys see Holly and Arthur and Co. Enjoy!!

Oh, and any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors, blame it on stress. I've had a roughhh few weeks and I was unwinding by dancing and singing as I wrote this. #noshame

Arthur jogs along absentmindedly, Seth a few feet ahead. As he runs, he doesn't think, doesn't concentrate, but he does stop when Seth does. "What's up dude?" He frowns.

"I almost said we should turn back - this is your perimeter." Seth says gently.

Arthur looks at the ground and then looks ahead towards the road a few feet away. He looks at Seth and just smirks, taking off running and turning onto the road to keep going. Seth laughs and follows. "Good god, who thought it was a good idea to give you freedom?" He half jokes. He's obviously relieved his best friend is a freeman, but God he's a bit of a loose cannon so maybe a perimeter is good for him.

Arthur keeps going, smiling to himself as he sees the town come into his path; he's only driven through it, never been allowed to walk about. He looks around as he does, Seth silently following as he watches his friend.

"You won't make it home if you keep going." Seth says.

"Oh I will. Its been what, 8ish miles to here? Another 8 back, that's 16. We easily did that either in the treadmill or lapping my perimeter." Arthur rolls his eyes.

Seth rolls his back. "20 bucks says we'll be calling your girl or your dad."

"40." Arthur smirks cockily.

"You know you're gonna get tired dude."

He just rolls his eyes at his friend as he keeps going; admittedly he does get tired, and he does slow, but he does it. He makes it all the way home and collapses on the paving by the garage, just under the basketball hoop, panting heavily.

Seth laughs, entirely unphased and breathing normally. "Stupid human."

"Stinkin wolf." Arthur pants.

"Seth, you broke my fiance." Holly groans as she comes out having seen them run up the drive.

"He broke himself. I gotta go, have fun with his whining ass." Seth says before he runs away. Arthur flips him off.

Holly smiles and lays on tbe ground beside Arthur, looking over at him. "Did you have fun?"

"I did. I've never seen the town before - well, except when Charlie drove me to the station. That was different." He says.

Holly laughs gently and he smiles in return. "So um, your lawyers here. They fully closed your case."

Arthur sits up slowly and frowns; wow, just like that? After everything? "Okay... Let me go shower and then I'll be down." He mutters before running off.

Holly goes inside, just hearing Carlise finish his sentence. "I've found a few therapists who may be able to help-"

"Don't bother." She snaps as she crosses her arms; everyone turns to look at her. "He doesn't need them."

"Holly, this is a lot more serious than him just being let off. He's dama-"

"Damage, Carlisle? Really? I wonder why. Let's look at who's to blame here, shall we? I think you all need to accept your own role in this rather than have Arthur talk to some therapist for years on end as to why he's to blame." She glares at them all.