9. whole new world

Arthur smiles as he sends a good morning text to Holly. 2 weeks and they're still talking - it feels amazing. He can't believe she's put up with him, in all honesty. While they've only managed to see each other a few times - sneaking past Paul isn't easy for Holly - they've managed to form a bond that's seeming to stick.

He's still waiting for her to run; not about the vampire thing, but about his past. What girl wants to date an ex con who's accused of murder? He didn't do it, of course, and she says she believes that, but it doesn't change that he did the time for it. That is all everyone is ever going to see of him - the fact he's spent time incarcerated with vile monsters to whom he was compared. In his eyes he's still one of them.

His phone dings and he checks it, smiling when he sees her name. I'm coming over with Seth, get your butt out of bed.

Arthur scrambles to sit up, wide eyed. Shes coming - now - to see him. She's chosen to come see him. He hasn't had to convince her, bribe her, stalk her. Holly has chosen this. Holy sh-

"Watch your language!" his father yells up the stairs.

Arthur blushes and scrambles to get up, slipping some jeans on, his converse and a plain white tee. He runs his fingers through his hair to neaten it but still give it a tossled look and then he rushes to brush his teeth. He grabs his glasses, not wanting to bother with contacts, and runs downstairs just as Seth parks out front. He glares at the boy, annoyed to be in the middle of this, but also happy to see him happy. He deserves to be happy and his pack mates sister seems to do that.

"Hey." Arthur grins as he helps her out of the car.

Holly smiles, her hair in two French braids. "Hey. You totally weren't out of bed." She giggles, untucking his tee from his jeans.

Arthur blushes. "I was awake, that counts. How come you're here?"

She shrugs. "I can just go-"

Arthur scowls. "No no no, I just mean why are you so willing to see me? I usually have to bribe you to see me."

"Hey, no you don't. I just have to be careful. But not today, misery guts has gone cliff jumping with some of his brothers at a new spot - gone all day. So I fancied a change of scenery... And I'm really curious about your family." She giggles.

Arthur smiles. "Okay. Okay, well come on inside." He waves her in with him, Seth having already gone inside.

Holly explores the house interior with her eyes as she heads inside after Arthur, nervous completely, but almost the same amount curious. She's curious about the Cullens and Arthur, though that may be dangerous she realises. She trusts Arthur, and his family, so she isn't too worried.

Arthur holds her hand shyly as they head inside. "Who's home?" He says in a casual voice.

"How are they suppos-" Holly trails her words off as she sees the blonde and pixie Cullen walking towards the house from the trees, another walking down the stairs, the really big one suddenly sat on the couch and Arthur's father come in from behind them.

"Right then, you could've answered." He mutters and rolls his eyes. "Holly. This is Emmett, he's usually good at nothing but sometimes, once every decade or so, has a use. That's Jasper, he could probably get you whatever you need - passport, fake ID, you name it." Jasper rolls his eyes at his nephew.

Arthur grins and carries on as Alice and Rose join Emmett in the living room. "My aunt Alice will probably creep you out, but don't worry, she does that to everyone. She'll likely know what you're gonna say or do. Rose is... Rose is a bitch - sorry." He ducks, smirking, as Rose launches a pillow at him. "She just cares too much. Then that's my dad, Edward. He's gonna creep you out too because he likes to answer the questions you don't ask."