11. oh goodness

Paul stalks towards the Cullen house, his fists clenched as is his jaw. His whole body is tense as to hide his shaking, this time not a sign of him close to phasing but a sign hes mad. Humanly mad.

"You snap, you're out." Jacob warns as he follows closely behind, Sam with him too.

"Yeah yeah." Paul mutters, banging on the door even though Bella is already walking towards it.

She takes her time, gently opening the door before she leans in the doorway and crosses her arms. "There's only one way this is going to go. Renesmee is up there, she's been having fun and if swear if you ruin that, or upset Arthur or Holly, I'm gonna snap you in two. Understand?" She says in a low whisper.

Sam smirks a little at her confidence as Jacob and Paul roll their eyes; how can she defend Arthur, let him near her child? They silently follow her upstairs, hearing the sound of laughter from the kitchen.

"Try again!" Renesmee giggles as Arthur scrapes the ruined pancake off the counter.

"I can't I suck." He groans as Holly and Ness laugh more.

"My turn." Holly says as she scoops some mix into the pan and gives it a few minutes to brown before she pulls the sides up with a spatula and then attempts to flip it. She gasps and shrieks. "I did it! I can do something a Cullen can't!"

Renesmee and Arthur giggle, but Renesmee stops as she looks past Holly. "If you've come to upset my brother and friend then go away." She scowls at Paul.

"Ness, sweetheart, this is adults business." Jacob says.

She glares. "I'm more mature than you are, Jacob." She snaps back.

Bella and Arthur cough to hide a laugh as he glares, biting his tongue. Holly crosses her arms as she stares at Paul. "Yes? Is my ignoring of your calls not hint enough of how little I want to speak to you?"

Paul rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, uncomfortable in this house that stinks of bleach and chemicals - bloodsuckers. "You were raised better than that. You don't ever ignore me." He says slowly.

"I was also raised to know you don't beat someone up who can't defend themselves! You made a jackass decision to smack Arthur about when you knew he wouldn't fight back - he isn't like that!" Holly snaps.

"I don't care what he's like! I don't give a fuck about him at all, I just want you away from him!" Paul yells.

Arthur sighs heavily. "Even if I didn't have a record, you'd still hate me wouldn't you?"

Paul ignores Arthur. "Get your things, we're going back to the res."

"No." Holly crosses her arms and leans on the counter beside Arthur. "Over my dead body-"

"I'm sure he can arrange that." Jacob remarks.

"That is enough!!" Renesmee bursts. "Out!"

Bella picks her up. "Let them talk." She mutters as she carries Renesmee out.

Arthur looks at Jacob. "You have no right to say such things about me. My life isn't your business. My sister may be your imprint, but that doesn't mean shit to me. That has no affect on me. You gonna threaten me? I know damn well you can end me, trust me, but I don't care. Holly and I are a thing, Paul, deal with it. Don't you want her happy? I wouldn't harm anyone, not Holly or Ness. Myself - yes. Different story." Arthur snaps, slamming his hand on the counter. "Josie asked me to take the fall for what happened to her, she begged me. That girl was my best friend, my sister, and that was her dying wish. The very last thing I could give her. So I don't care what you say, I don't care what you think, because it was what she wanted. I mean, I don't think she realised what I would be taking on but it doesn't matter." He shakes his head.