22. surprise

Arthur paces as he digests this new information. Lucy just watches, growing slightly amused. She begins to laugh, covering her face as he glares. "This isn't funny!!!"

"It is - just a little. Just a little bit." She says, climbing over the bed and sitting on the end of it.

Arthur glares. "We got fucking married!!!"

"So?"

"M-A-R-R-I-E-D." He says slowly.

Lucy rolls her eyes. "I know what it means. I'm just asking why you're freaking out? It's no big deal."

Arthur laughs this time, but maybe out of insanity rather than humour. "Oh sure. You call my dad then!"

"Oh no you're not from a religious family are you? I want a divorce." She gasps, walking over to the kitchen area to make a coffee. She's in just her bra and panties.

"Grandpa, yes. Traditional dad, yes. Crazy aunties who will kill me for this - YES!"

"Wow, I can't wait to meet the new family. Do you want a coffee, hubby?" She smirks.

"Lucy, I swear to God if you did this on purpose..."

Lucy crosses her arms and looks at him deadpan. "I could say the same thing! I don't even know your last name! I also have to make a very unpleasant phone call - to my sort of not fiance back home!"

"How did this happen!?" He slams his hand on the counter and cusses as he realises its his broken one.

Lucy rolls her eyes and pops an ice pack, throwing it at him. "Look, we're in this now. I don't know why or how but we are. I certainly cannot admit this to my family so we are gonna try and make this work dammit coz I will not be that slut who marries whoever! I'm not a gold digger."

"Good, you aren't getting your hands on my money." He snaps.

"You have money..?" Arthur glares and Lucy smirks. "I'm kidding okay? Chill. If you really want a divorce fine, but can we just stay married a few weeks so we can take advantage of it?"

"Advantage?"

"Yeah. Hotel upgrades, free stuff. Where could we go next?" She leans on the counter, a glint in her eyes.

"Well... I was going to take Seth skiing. But how does Hawaii sound?" He smirks, the idea growing on him.

"Oh god yes."

"Where are you staying?" He asks as he grabs his phone.

"Bay View motel."

Arthur calls the hotel and asks for her stuff to be packed, promising money for doing so. "Go put what you had on and let's go."

"Seriously?" She smiles.

"Yeah, cmon." He grins, hurriedly packing his things.

As he does, he hears the door open. "Arthur..?" Seth calls hesitantly.

"He's busy!" Lucy shouts and Arthur just laughs.

Seth comes into the room looking around. "Where are you going..?"

"Honeymoon." Lucy sings.

Seth's eyebrows shoot up. "Ha ha... What?"

 What?"