~ Twenty-two ~

Blaike and Kaleb were standing beside a machine I didn't recognise, it had dials and switches that did who knew what. The guys had changed out of their clothes, they were now wearing something similar to a dark blue martial arts outfit but tighter and there were no belts. I glanced to the side, expecting to see Kayle smirking but he was serious as he stared at them. I wondered if they'd all fallen out but in the next second Kaleb was grinning.

"No need to look so serious, this is practice, not a war meeting."

Kayle snorted loudly, "I've seen you two when you're training, it may as well be war."

I looked at Emy suspiciously but Blaike spoke before I could say anything. "We will not be going to those extremes today, this will just be a basic lesson to see what we need to work on. This is just as difficult for us so try not to look so frustrated."

Kayle sighed loudly and his face was taut, Emy noticed it as well and as always she didn't hold back.

"Okay what is wrong with you? They've just said it won't be that bad, you can't be this annoyed about it."

Kayle opened his mouth to speak when there was another loud snort, Kaleb was eyeing Kayle suspiciously.

"It is Gregor again, isn't it?"

Blaike seemed to understand immediately and both guys moved to stand in front of Kayle. Emy and I however, had no clue what they were talking about; we moved closer to listen into the conversation and find out what was going on.

Kayle was nodding slowly, "Yes it is... he hasn't relented since he caught me yesterday morning. The man will not take no for an answer."

That whole response gave me nothing. Emy, on the other hand, seemed to think she had it sussed.

"Just tell him you're not interested and to find someone else."

All three guys turned to her with raised brows, Kayle actually broke into a smile.

"He's not interested in me, he wants me to marry his daughter. He has done since before I left to look after you two. It's one of the many reasons I was so eager to leave and do it."

I bit back a chuckle and Emy went bright red.

I started to talk before she could dig a bigger hole for herself, "So what's wrong with his daughter then? And how does that work, he wants you to marry her so he comes to you? Like an arranged marriage?"

Kayle shook his head and he was smiling more, clearly amused by our lack of knowledge.

"No not exactly, he is choosing to marry her off so he can get the highest amount for her hand. I can decline the proposal and I have, multiple times. It's a really old fashioned thing to do to your child, nobody around here does it anymore but he is stubborn, set in his ways. He is not the nicest of men either... and there is nothing wrong with her I just don't like her in that way."

"No, because you like someone else," Emy, Blaike and Kaleb managed to say at the same time and I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

Kayle blushed a dark shade of scarlet and stepped back.

"Come on, I thought we were supposed to be learning to fight, not standing around talking like we have nothing better to do."

He pretended to look agitated but the blush was still evident on his face, we all shared a laugh as we moved back to where we had been stood.

"Kayle, tell Gregor you will not marry his daughter and if he asks again then you will take it up with Alacor and Orion. But for now, you are right we have a lot of work to do today and we are leaving ourselves less time to do that in." Blaike stated and Kayle nodded gratefully to him.