~ Twenty-three ~

Once we had finished, Blaike led the way up to the third floor classroom and we stopped in the doorway. It looked different to the last time we had been sat in there, discussing our pending future and possible doom. The curtains had been opened to reveal floor to ceiling stained glass windows with pictures of some battle on them. The room had been cleaned and smelled like a forest, the desks had been washed and organised so they faced the blackboard, which looked brand new now.

There were writing utensils and this worlds version of paper on every desk, despite there just being the five of us studying. Alacor appeared from a door to the left of us and he beckoned for us to come in. He wore a long black cloak and it made me think of an olden days headmaster, I just hoped they didn't believe in caning as I sat down next to Emy in one of the middle desks. I had hated school when I had been there, the academic side was what I loved, to be in that environment with people I actually liked and not just tolerated made this much easier to deal with.

"Welcome to my lesson, I will be introducing you two to the history of Nentarli, not just the war of the Sectors but the things that happened before and after. We will do this every other day until you are caught up to the rest of the people your age. As for you three, it will be a refresher course on your history and you can help Emily and Cassandra with their learning. Since you are all in this together, learning and helping each other will be beneficial for your larger role and help you bond."

Kayle snickered and everyone turned to look at him, Alacor much more disapprovingly.

"Kayle, is there something amusing in what I said?"

Kayle shook his head, "No, nothing. I am here and ready to learn."

My immediate thought was that Kayle had taken on the role of class clown but there was something in that snicker that told me he had more going on.

I ignored it for the time being and turned my focus back to Alacor, "We will begin with the creation of Nentarli, it all started with a-"

"Big bang?!" Emy exclaimed and I had to bite back my laughter.

I didn't know if she was making a reference or a genuine guess but Alacor seemed to think it was the latter.

"No, dear but it is very similar to that. The world you know, was formed through the big bang and is connected directly to the planet but we came a little after that, we had no dinosaurs or very early evolution. From as far back as our records describe, we formed through the magic of the cosmos and the magic stayed with us.

"That is why we live much longer than any of the humans in the other world and is also why some can harness that power into usable magic. But as with everything, there are many varied theories about our creation. Some believe the version I just told you and some believe we were created by a higher being of magic and we were made in his or her image.

"Some even believe we were a spell that went wrong thousands of years ago and we were just an accidental byproduct of that magic. Either way, we are here with all of our differences, on a different plane to the world you still insist on calling home."

I sensed a little frustration in his voice and I knew my parents felt the same way. Emy must have sensed it too because she sat up straighter to address her dad.

"We insist because it is home to us, we don't know this place or its ways and customs, we didn't even know it existed two weeks ago. You have to give us time, I know this is your home and always has been but you brought me up in the other world and it's all I've known."

The room fell silent as Emy and her dad looked at each other, it lasted a bit too long and I cleared my throat before they could get into any kind of argument.

Nentarli  [COMPLETE] On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara