c. 3997 B.C

???

"Wait...so what's going to happen?" Crowley asked in bewilderment at what his friend had said.
"Cain is going to kill Abel because he's jealous that god accepts Abel's offerings but rejects his."

"Death huh? I knew it was going to be a side affect of them eating that damn apple but why so soon and why murder? Can't God almighty just accept the poor guys sacrifices?"
"It's all apart of her divine plan. This will be the first death amongst many."
"And it has to be a murder?" The angle nodded, kind of unsure. "And she expects us demons and angels to just let these souls dwell in our realms?"
Aziraphale thought for a second. "Well, quite frankly...yes. I know it's not the ideal situation but we must do what the lord desires if we want our war."

The two beings watch from a distance as Cain struck his brother over the head with a large stone. They shuddered. The first human death.
"Well that was easy." Crowley murmured.

Just as he said this, a humanoid being fell though a rip in reality. She was wearing a similar black rope that Death it self wore. She sat up in a panic, her chest rising and falling rapidly as she struggled to calm herself.
"Dad..." she whispered. "Dad please I'm not ready!" She screamed reaching for where the rip was, only for her hand to fall into the sand below them. Tears started to pool in her eyes.

The demon and angel watched her in surprise. She was a new being not yet discovered by the two however her aura felt familiar. Like she was always there and only now visible to the two.
"Are you alright. Can I help you?" The angel asked, kneeling down beside her and offering his hand.
The new being turned her head around to the angel and watched his hand cautiously. It was her first time interacting with anything other than her siblings. Why did she have to get chosen to collect the first soul?

Aziraphale, noticing this, performed a miracle. She instantly dropped all caution and took his hand.
"There you go. You're safe." Aziraphale assured her, looking into her black eyes.
Suddenly, the girls neck snapped towards the dune. She had spotted the dying man at the bottom of the dune where the demon was still standing.
As if in a trance, the girl got to her feet and walked down the dune towards the man and knelt down beside him. She had gone unnoticed by the elder brother, just like the demon and angel.

"You look scared. Let me help you." She smiled sweetly and took the dead mans hand, freeing his spirit from the body. With her other hand she summoned a scythe. She sliced at the air, ripping the fabric of reality apart. "You'll be safe with me. I'll show you the way."
And with that, the first death and the first grim reaper walked though the rip, hand in hand.