c. 33 A.D

Golgotha

"Ouch." The reaper hissed as the mallet came to down to strike the nail into Jesus's wrist. A defined twang rung out as it struck, followed by a cry of pain. "Honestly Zira, This is inhumane. Why did you do this?"
"Don't blame me." The angel seemed quite offended. "If I had any say on council decisions I would have shut this down."
"I'm just surprised Crawleys lot didn't do this."
"Oh, I changed it." The demon said, appearing between them. "Crawley wasn't really doing it for me. A bit to squirming effeteish."
"Well you are a snake." Hope pointed out, closing her eyes as another nail was hammered in. "That's seriously got to hurt."

"So what is it now?" Aziraphale asked, tad distracted by the event in front of them.
"Crowley." The demon answered simply.
"Nice. One letter changed. Big difference." The reaper teased.
"Oh shut it." He snapped, jokingly shoving the reaper. She giggled, shoving the demon back, right into the angel.
"Well I like it." Aziraphale sighed, straightening his tunic.

Another sharp twang rang out.
"Did you two ever meet him?'' The angel asked the both of them.
"Yes actually. He seemed to be a very bright young man. I showed him the kingdoms of the world."
Aziraphale nodded before turning to the demon again. "Why?"
"Well he's a carpenter from Gallaly. His travel opportunities are limited."

The trio watched as the last nail was hammered in.
"What was it he said that got everyone so upset?"
"Be kind to one another."
"Oh yeah. That will do it."