3 Hours in the New World

"I can't believe we did it." Hope let out a long sigh, sitting down on the benches back rest while their friends sat on the actual chair part.
"Yeah. Can you imagine if we were at all competent." Crowley looked around before setting his eyes on a slip of paper Aziraphale was holding. "What's that?"
"Fell out of the book." He muttered, giving it to Crowley to read.
"For soon you will be paying with fire? Is this the last prophecy?"
"As far as I know."
"And Adam? Human again?"
"As far as I can tell, yes."

"Angel...What if the almighty planned it like this all along...from the very beginning?" The demon took a sip of his wine before handing it to the Angel.
"Could have. I wouldn't put it past her." The Angel pondered before taking a sip of the wine himself.

The groups attention was caught by a postman walking over to them.
"Hi. Here to pick up some packages."
"Oh. Right. Didn't want them getting into the wrong hands." Azriaphale handed over the box.

The postie opened the box to check the parcel.
"Um excuse me gents and madam. There's meant to be a sword in here."
"Oh..." Aziraphale got up and pulled a sword from under his butt. "Was sitting on it."
They shared an awkward laugh.
"Good thing you were here really."
"Oh...how nice for someone to recognise our part in saving..."
"I need someone to sign for it." The postie cut of the angels heart felt rambles, causing Hope to snort at their grinds expense.

"I'll do it." They said, summoning a pen and scribbling on the paper.
"Do you believe in life after death?"
"Oh yes. Definitely." Hope answered the posties question, giving back the clipboard.
"See. If I was to tell my wife what happened to me today, she wouldn't believe me and I wouldn't blame her." And with that, he left, the four horsemen artefacts in hand.

"Oh. There is is...it says Oxford on the front."
"Yeah. But it will drive to London anyway. Just won't know why." Crowley said, taking another swig of wine.
"I suppose I should get him to drop me off at the book shop."
"It burnt down remember?"
"Oh...yeah." The angel mumbled sadly to himself as he remembered.
"You can stay at my place if you like."
"I don't think my side would like that."

"We don't have a side anymore. None of us do." The demon pointed out. "We're on our own side. Like Agnes said, we are going to have to choose our faces wisely." Crowley finished, hailing the bus. "What about you Hope? Sleep over?"
"Nah. Best leave the love birds to themselves huh? I'll book a hotel for the night. See you tomorrow."
"But...we don't...we arn't."
"Just...trust me Crowley. You do and are. Give it time." And with that the bus doors closed and the two beings were left alone.