1347 A.D

London, England

"Well, this is a mess." The reaper mumbled, walking though the muddy, plagued streets of London. Around her, dead and rotting bodies pilled on the sides of the streets.
"Yeah. Tell me about it." A familiar demon appeared next to her.
"Crowley? What are you doing here?"
"Heard of a plague ravaging most of Europe. Did you just want me to stand by and watch?"
"Well, it's not exactly pleasant. Customs is gonna be packed for weeks and this plague has only been around for a few months." The reaper sighed, opening a rift with her scythe and started calling all the new souls towards her. "We don't even have time to give people a proper tour. We are just scooping up souls, be damned if they are hysterical or not."

The demon watched as Hope marched about 20 lost souls into the rift were they were met by another reaper inside. She then snapped it shut and continued walking down the street.
"Crowley? Hope?" A man dressed in white appeared on the side of the road. He looks very relieved to see some familiar faces.
The reaper smiled at him. "Aziraphale! Long time no see. How's heaven treating ya?"
"Fine. Thank you. It's such a relief to see you two." The angel sighed, looking around slightly.

"Yeah. It's not a pretty sight." The reaper admitted, opening another rift and leading another group of 15 odd souls into it. "What are you doing here?"
"I have to perform a few miracles. You know, keep people believing and all that."
"Sounds a bit manipulative. If Gods all powerful, can't she just make the plague go away?"
"It's all part of the plan." Aziraphale reassured the two other beings, though at this point it seemed more like he was trying to convince himself then others.
"Just keep telling yourself that." Crowley said, fixing up his glasses and looking down a side street. "Anyway, I've got a job to do but see ya around."

"Oh. Bye..." The angel seemed a bit disappointed buy the sudden abandonment.
"Feeling very appreciated right now." The reaper said jokingly, well kind of. She did always feel a tad left out when they were together.
"Oh...sorry." Aziraphale said in his whinny voice. "It's just..."
"You want to hang out with your boyfriend. I know. I get it."
The angel looked at the reaper, as she continued with her work, in shock. "He's not my...Crowley is...demons and angels can't even be friends. What makes you think that type of relationship can exist? We don't even feel love the way humans do. It's impossible."
"Relax Zira. I was joking."

"Oh right..."