6. Blasts from the... Present, I guess!

I want to tell you something about boredom.

Why do I want to tell you about it you ask?

Well, the answer is simple. Because it nearly drove me to insanity that day. Real talk, not even messing with you.

There was nothing I hated more than sitting by idly not doing anything, but the world was against me in every way. A series of misfortune happened just because I forced my hand into not sitting uselessly when that was what I was supposed to be doing. But I'll get around to that in a bit.

My stupid broken wrist wouldn't let me do anything. At all.

I couldn't write because hello, I use my right hand to write and the said hand acted like an enemy of mine. I couldn't cook, I couldn't wash, basically, I was crippled.

Okay, let me start from the beginning, I realize I sound a bit... strange.

I didn't go to school the next morning.

For some reason, in the middle of the night, my wrist decided to wake me up with an immense amount of pain. I thought maybe I'd accidentally slept on it or something but that was highly unlikely since I was extra careful when I went to bed after the heart to heart talk with my mom.

Anyway, so something happened to it to cause pain to shoot up everywhere right in the middle of my much-needed sleep. Because of that, I shoved a handful of pain killers down my throat just to make it stop.

Bad idea.

I couldn't move out of my bed the next morning. Even though the pain had let out, my head was super heavy as if a whole building was placed on top of it. Courtesy of the medicines I presumed.

Even long after mom left for work, I still had to waste time just laying around the bed to wait it out and I hated every minute of it.

By the time I managed to drag myself out of the bed, it was already around eleven in the morning. Slowly, I made my way to the bathroom. I needed a shower, pronto and shower always bring energy to the body.

Have you ever for some reason, any reason at all, it doesn't matter which one had your dominant hand completely useless and because of that you had to rely on the hand you normally wouldn't use for anything other than helping your dominant hand?

No? Well if not you should try it sometimes. It's fun.

Not.

First, there was the whole ordeal of removing my clothes. Second, there was the actual bathing while trying to avoid any drop of water getting inside my cast. And then, the process of washing myself with soap and all that.

I nearly quit the whole thing.

And when it was finally all over, I came out only to find out I had absolutely nothing to do than just sit around, eat, watch Tv and sit around some more. To top it up, time was moving to an almost painful speed of a crippled sloth.

I thought I was gonna pull my own hair out just so I could have something to do and when the idea began to sound more ideal, I decided to do something else before I could lose my mind. With the pocket money mom usually leaves for me, I decided to take a bus to the shopping mall for some house supplies.

*****

There are things in life we take for granted. Small, simple things which normally we wouldn't even think about. Things like a simple walk through the town or just having to meet new people even if you don't know them. Between my school, home, homework, and school again, I never quite enjoyed a stroll through the busy town and as soon as I got out of that bus, I planned on enjoying every last bit of it.