12. Reactions to Bad-Good news.

Logan.

*****

Amelia was getting interesting by the minute.

Cause' let's face it. The girl was definitely still a virgin. How she managed to hold on to her cherry was a billion-dollar question but it seriously earned my respect. Not many girls can do that these days.

Without even thinking about it really, I asked her for her phone. I know I already have her number but what better way to turn the table on her than to make sure she knows she has my number?

Seemed like I was run by impulses whenever she was involved.

My number on her phone was gonna drive her crazy for sure and I hoped to God she would use it.

Talk about giving a dog a bone. Not that I was referring to her as one, she wasn't a dog. It's just a metaphor. Shut up.

I could see both Leo and Luke throwing me weird looks, no doubt full of questions but I didn't care. I was sure I didn't know the answer to whatever kind of questions that I was sure was running through their minds anyway even if they were to decide to voice out those questions.

As I said earlier, I had no idea what's up with me whenever she was involved.

I just did stuff.

She was seriously messing up my cool. Dammit!

To some degree, I didn't like that little fact but a bigger part of that degree was winning. See, I wasn't one to just do stuff and around her, it seemed as though I was doing just that.

With my mixed tag of war emotions, the bell indicating the end of the lunch break was just what I needed. I stood up and got the hell out of there without so much as a goodbye to anybody.

Just as I was about to enter my AP Chemistry class, my phone vibrated inside my jean pocket.

Detective Daddio's name flashed across the screen and for a moment, an unwanted feeling of dread rushed through my chest, causing my heartbeat to speed.

"Hello, detective?"

Thank God my voice didn't show any hint of panicky traits.

"Yes, Mr. Clyde. How are you doing?"

I could detect a bit of enthusiasm on his cloggy voice from the other end of the call. That was a good sign.

"I'm fine. What's going on? Please tell me you found something, detective."

"Well, I wouldn't say that just yet, but things are looking that way. Some new evidence came to us from one of our specialists and it suggested your parent's accident wasn't an accident at all."

I creased my eyebrow. For some reason, deep down I think I always knew that. What I wanted was answers and to know what they found out or who was the crook behind their demise so I can put that part of my life behind and maybe, just maybe finally I can be able to get the fuck out of this town.

"If you don't mind, once you get the chance, could you please pass by the precinct? I have to ask you a few more questions on what you remember about that night."

"I think I told you everything."

"Yes, yes you did but we think the new evidence may be able to jog up fresh memories."

I let a loud exile of air through my mouth as I considered my next move even though I already knew what I was going to answer him. Just for dramatic effects.

"I'll be there in thirty minutes."

Of course, I left before the end of school.

About what the detective told me, I'll get to that a little bit later but I will tell you this, it messed up my mood which is why I did what I'm about to tell you next. I think.

*****

The sound of the doorbell ringing forced me to rush out of the bathroom where I was just finishing my shower, and throw on the first pair of shorts I could find laying on my dresser.

With quick steps, I reached downstairs and opened the door only to find myself inwardly grunting at the person standing there.

"Hey, babe."

Charlotte's voice was not at all flattering in my ears.

She stood there behind my doors wearing shorts too short they would put a dent on any sane person's eyes.

I was used to it though.

"You weren't at school." She reached up and played with the ends of her ponytail at the same time wiggled her knee back and forth. "I came to check up on you."

"Charlotte now is really not a good time."

She pouted and pushed herself closer to me, almost plastering her almost full on exposed cleavage against my chest and planted a lingering kiss on the side of my neck. Her expensive, sweet smell of perfume reached my nostrils and for reasons, I couldn't tell you, stirred some reaction to my dick.

"Silly, It's always a good time for me Logan."

I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind her as she walked past me and into the house. Charlotte had always been this way. For a while I found her pushy nature sexy, the way she always took what she wanted. A woman who knew what she desired and it seemed at that moment she was doing just that.

She didn't say much more after that. She tottered her way left and right leaving quite a show behind her straight to the second floor, and into my room where she proceeded in helping herself with taking off what little clothes she had on, leaving her with nothing but just as expensive black Victoria Secret undergarments I presumed.

Her alabaster skin, I must admit glistered under the evening sun rays peeking through my sheer curtains in what I presumed to be the effects of her just as expensive body lotion, and I found myself taking slow steps towards her.

"Come on." She raised her manicured forefinger and wiggled it back and forth. "Your muscles seem to be super tight today. You need a release. A massage would do."

I didn't oppose it. What straight man would?

The massage wasn't at all what we did. In no time we were tearing each other's clothes off like a pair of hungry bloodhounds out for blood.

The only thing different about that sex I would say was something I didn't expect at the end of it. Something that appeared out of nowhere and took me completely by surprise.

I thought of a certain dark-haired, dark-eyed girl instead of a cherry blonde girl bent over backward in front of me as I released myself all over her naked ass.

Damn!