It Begins

( Light's P.O.V. )

   " You really like that human girl don't you? "

   " I do, but she doesn't know yet. "

   " Oh, this will be good. "

   " What? "

   " Light Yagami disobeys the law on killing and yet he is afraid of a little girl rejecting him. "

   " Don't call her that! I like her because she stands tall and doesn't let people bring her down. She is smarter than all the other girls and she just...she's just perfect. She is the very definition of a goddess. "

   " Wow. I don't think I've heard anything so sweet. I want to vomit. "

   " Go grab an apple instead. There is a basket full right there. "

   " Gladly. "

I got out my Death note and started writing names in it. I turned my small TV on and listened to the news as I wrote.

   " There was more violence across the city today. Another stabbing, this time at a restaurant in Kabukicho, Shinjuku following-"

   " Hey, Light. I'm talking to you."

   " What is it? "

   " Why are you working so hard? "

   " I can't afford to waste any time. I have a very small window to write names in this notebook. I only have from when I get home from school until I go to bed. I still need to sleep so I can maintain my average and stay at the top of my class. Obviously I can't be sleeping in class. Plus theirs all the studying at home and at cram school. I can't let myself get too tired. It'll start to affect my health and mental performance. If I'm serious about trying to create an ideal world that's free from evil then I need to make the most of my time."

   " Hey, Light what's going on why's your door locked? "

   " It's Sayu? What is it? "

   " Y/n is here and she is waiting downstairs. I just thought I'd let you know. "

   " Okay. "

( Your P.O.V. )

   " I'm fine Mrs. Yagami. Thank you though. "

   " If there is anything you need please come and ask. "

   " I will thank you. "

Mrs. Yagami left and walked back to the kitchen. I heard footsteps come down the stairs and I looked up at them. I saw Light standing on the stairs. I smiled up at him. 

   " Hey, Light ready to study? "

   " Yes, come on up. "

   " Thanks for helping me by the way. "

   " Anything for you Y/n. "

We walked up to his room and we started studying for the math exam. I asked him questions here and there and he would help me work out problems that were difficult. We were in the middle of a discussion when I saw him pull out a black notebook from his desk.

   " I didn't know you got a new notebook. "

   " Oh, I thought you weren't paying attention. "

   " I always pay attention, Light. You should know this. When did you get it? "

   " I found it on the ground a few days ago. I was going to look for a person's name in it. "