Finding Ryuzaki

" Y/n could I talk to you for a moment? "

   " Sure, Watari. "

I stood from my chair and started following Watari. I followed him to his security room where he watches the surveillance. He took a seat in his black leather chair and faced me. His expression changed from one of calm to one of worry. His eyebrows scrunched together as he was deep in thought. Then, he looked up at me.

   " I am worried about Ryuzaki. "

   " Why? What has he done that's made you worried, Watari? "

   " He came up here earlier and he looked distant. He started saying ' Thank you '. It's not very often Ryuzaki would look so distant and say thank you to someone. It's as if he knew something was coming. Has he said anything to you lately? "

   " No, not really. He's just kept me close. "

   " Keep him close. Watch him for me, I know he trusts you a lot. "

   " I will, Watari. "

   " Has he mentioned anything about bells? "

   " No, not at all? Why, has he? "

   " He asked me if I could hear the bells. "

   " That's, weirder than normal. "

   " It is. Keep an eye on him for me, please. "

   " I will. "

I left Watari's security room and started making my way back downstairs. I saw Ryuzaki sitting with Rem and they were discussing the Death Note. I went and took a seat beside Light.

   " Light. "

   " Y/n. How are you feeling today? "

   " Peachy. What about you? "

He looked away from his computer and whispered in my ear. His voice was low and it made the heat rush to my face quickly.

   " You don't have to act like a stranger around me just because you know I'm Kira. "

   ' But you basically are a stranger to me. I never thought you could kill anyone and I was wrong. '

   " Just relax. It's me, Light Yagami, your friend since childhood. "

   " You're also a killer. "

   " That only kills for justice. To make sure his goddess is safe. To create a new world where it won't rot away because of the criminals. To create a new world where I rule. "

I shook my head and moved away from Light and he stopped whispering to me. I looked back at my laptop and started researching stuff about shinigami and Death notes. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked at Light.

   " Yes? "

   " Do you have an answer from my question yesterday? "

   " Oh...not yet. "

   " Take all the time you need, but I would like to hear your answer soon if you don't mind. "

He leaned towards my ear and started whispering to me again.

   " I will always love you, my goddess. "

He kissed my cheek and moved away to sit back upright. The blood rushed to my face even more and I could feel that mt face was as red as a tomato. I moved away from Light and started making my way towards Ryuzaki. I sat beside him and talked with Rem. At one point he turned and stared at Light for a long time.

   " Ryuzaki are you alright? "

   " Yes. I'm perfectly fine. "

( Time Skip )

   " What's going on? I heard criminals are being killed again. " Mr. Yagami asked as he walked into the task force building.

   " There were 16 deaths just yesterday. All of them were broadcasted after Higuhchi's death. " Aizawa said.

   " Immediately after huh? " Matsuda quietly spoke.

   " Do you think this means Higuchi wasn't necessarily Kira after all? "

   " No, it's safe to say Higuchi was the one killing criminals until we apprehended him. "

   " Then this means we are dealing with yet another Kira. "

   " Awww man! Not again! " Matsuda shouted.

   " Damn, damn you, Kira. " Light said clutching his fist.

Ryuzaki's thoughts were the same as my own. That something weird was going on.

   " These killings started when Misa was free, didn't they? " Ryuzaki finally said.

   " Ryuzaki! Are you still going on about that? She has nothing to do with this. Think about it this started when Higuchi died. "

   " I suppose you're right. "

He took his box of animal crackers and shook the box a little to get the remaining pieces out. Six pieces were still whole while one was split in half. His gaze lingered on them for a lot longer then they should have been and I could feel the concern welling inside of me.

   " Oh, well. If there is another notebook floating around out there and someone is now using it to kill humans. We'll just have to bring that person to justice. "

After a little while, longer Light and Mtauda asked a specific question. It was about if we could even arrest the killer.

   " If they admit to killing with the notebook, they'd receive the death penalty. Or life in prison at least. "

   " Y/n's right. That's the best that they could hope for. "

I looked up at Light and saw him looking at Rem, smirking. I felt pale.