Kill Me with Them

I started walking down the stairs minutes after Lawliet's footsteps were gone. I started walking to the surveillance room to find Watari. When I entered I saw Rem standing there with her notebook open. Her pen was in her hand and Watari was looking at her with fear in her eyes. His hand was hovering over the button to delete all the information from the system.

   ' This was Light's plan. To kill Watari and then Lawliet. '

   " Stop! "

I ran in front of Watari and he hugged me from behind. I starred up at Rem and she looked down at me. Her eyes were red with anger. Mine was still spilling with tears.

   " Rem, please. Please don't do this. "

   " And why shouldn't I human? "

   " Look, I know you want to protect Misa from light and to keep her safe because you love her...but, please. I have people I need to protect. People I need to save. Misa is one of those people! Watari, Lawliet, Mr. Yagami, Matsuda, everyone down in the lobby don't deserve this. They don't-can't die! "

Rem just stared at me as I continued to cry and Watari continued to hold me from behind. I held my hands back like I was Watari's shield.

   " You can't kill them. "

   " And why is that? You are only a stranger to me. "

   " I'm not. You know Misa considers me her best friend. You know she didn't like me in the beginning but after some time she saw me as her best friend. If you kill Watari and Lawliet then I'll be sad and Misa will feel pain for me because she's that type of person. If anything kill me with them! "

   " Y/n, no! " Watari shouted

   " Why would you want that human? "

   " I love Watari and Lawliet both. I was in this investigation since the beginning! If anything it's only right that if they die I go with them! "

   " But Misa will be even more upset if you were to die and Light I'm sure would not be very happy about your death. "

   " I know. "

   " Then you know it's not an option to kill you. "

   " Make it an option. "

   " I can't do that. "

She raised up her Death note and her pen getting ready to write.

   " Wait! What if we made a deal? "

   " A deal? "

   " Yes, I know you like me more than you do Light. After these past couple of days talking to you, you like me more than him right? "

   " Yes. "

   " What if instead of killing Lawliet and Watari we fake their deaths. I'm sorry to say you'll still die because you're doing it for Misa, but what if we did that? "

   " What would happen to Misa? "

   " I would make sure she's happy. She can be with Light because that's what makes her happy. Light will never know that you didn't kill them. "

   " How? My Death note will show their names once I die and he will surely look at it. "

   " We can replace it with a piece of paper and pretend like it's the actual paper from the death note. Write two random names. One that starts with an L and the other that ends with Watari."

Rem lowered her book and started thinking about it. I still stood in front of Watari like a shield and he still held on to me like he was going to push me away from Rem. Rem finally looked up and closed her Death note.