Chapter 3

The sun was high in the sky. But the temperature was pleasant. The usually busy street across her office was somehow calm. Clytia looked through the window lost in her thoughts. This was her first day back to work, but she couldn't remain focus since the phone call she received earlier. A certain Miss Daisy Parker called her asking for a meeting at lunch to talk about an urgent matter. She didn't give any details only that it was something really serious that couldn't be discussed over the phone. She was wondering what could be so important. 

She had screened that Daisy on the internet only to find that she was a PR in the entertainment business. Nothing to do with her job as a financial planning & analysis manager. But her curiosity made her decide to meet with the woman. They were supposed to meet in fifteen minutes in a restaurant own the street.

Clytia arrived five minutes earlier aiming to choose a table facing the front door. Soon as she got in the restaurant, she saw her. She recognized her from the picture she saw online, a blonde with her hair tied in a bun, blue eyes, thin lips and prescription glasses. She was wearing a black shirt with long sleeve which was the exact replica of the one Clytia was wearing. Her attention was on her phone, expressionless.

Clytia went straight to her, greeting her while sitting.

"Do you mind if I call you Clytia?" asked Daisy.

"Go ahead."

"Thanks. We should order before starting."

Daisy was intrigued. They didn't really start talking before the food got served.

"I know you must be wondering what is happening. As I told you on the phone, I am a PR. I work for Josh Winter."

Josh Winter! The actor? Why would his PR would want to meet her? She thought.

"Okay?"

"The reason I'm here today is to discuss the implication of the relation between Josh and you."

"I'm sorry. But what relation! I have never met him. Therefore, no relationship. You must have made a mistake."

Daisy pushed her phone, showing her a picture. Clytia took the phone. Two persons were kissing each other. The face of the woman was hidden. She was about to ask her why she was showing her that but she stopped. She recognized the dress. She had the same. Actually, it was the dress she had on the night she got drugged. It could be her on the picture.

OMG, did I sleep with Josh? It would explain why his PR was there. To protect him. She might think I'm some kind of hoe or gold-digger. Great!

"I think you've been able to recognize yourself."

"Look, if you're here to ask me to forget what happened that day, don't worry. I was so drunk, I didn't know who the man was. I can sign you a NDA if it can help."

"Well thank you for your comprehension. It's good to see that you're so open. However things are more complicated than that. Turns out, you guys got married that night."

Clytia looked around to see if there were any camera or else. It got to be a prank show or something. It couldn't be true. She couldn't have been so reckless, even under influence.

"Is this some kind of joke?"

"I'd wished." Replied Daisy on a serious note.

"No, it's not possible" Clytia couldn't believe what she was hearing. She was married. To someone she barely knew. Damn! This was Karen's fault. They had to cancel that wedding as fast as possible. It was definitely not a good thing.

"It's the utter truth. We have all the receipts. You're officially Mrs. Winter. The news is out there. My client is now a married man."

"Oh! Shit. We have to cancel that wedding. I'll let you handle it if you want. I'll sign the document. I won't talk about it to anyone. Trust me. I don't want people to find out. I care about my privacy too much to do anything stupid."

"You're really accommodating. Thank you Clytia. But I have another offer. We think it will be more beneficial for each party to remain within that marriage."

"You're kidding, right?" Clytia replied as her jaws dropped.

"I know it might sound crazy," answered Daisy, always calmed; "but think about it. You'll receive a monthly allowance, you'll get to go to high end parties, meet with your favorite stars. All you'll have to do is to try to make the marriage work. What do you have to lose anyway?"

Clytia looked at the woman in front of her. It was crazy. She could not stay married to a stranger just because his team taught it was a good thing.

"I don't need that kind of money. I am not to be bought, not a gold digger."

"I didn't mean to insult you. The money is just a compensation."

"Yet! I'm sorry, but I can't accept."

"Tell me your price."

"You don't get it. I am not interested. I can hire a lawyer to take care of that matter if that's too much for you."

"Don't bother. We will take care of it."

"Thank you. I have to go back to work now."

"Sure. I'll be in touch with you for what comes. Thank you for meeting me."