Chapter 41

Clytia looked at Janice.

She had completely forgotten that the woman was supposed to spend the day with her. She wanted Clytia to help her renew her closet.

The eyes of Janice roamed over her figure, making some prolonged stops on her face, her neck and arms. Tears came to her eyes as she gasped.

She took one step and engulfed Clytia in a hug, crying for her daughter in-law.

“Sweetie! Oh my goodness!” She whispered as she took one step back, tears running down her cheeks.
“Did… Did… Did Nolam… do that to you?” She stuttered.

Clytia couldn’t gather the strength to answer. She simply nodded, pain written on her face.

Janice walked past her, taking her hand as she did and locked the door behind them.

“I can’t stay here Janice. I’m sorry. I just can’t.” Clytia was practically begging to release her. Janice was deeply pained.

She loved that girl, like her own. And knowing she had been abused by her own child was even more painful.

She gently touch Clytia’s cheek, before turning to face Nolam. He was just few feet away from them, his face full of tears. However, at the moment, Janice had no pity for him. She approached him and slapped him hard. Making his head snap in the process.

“I didn’t raise you like that young man. I raised you to be respectful and caring. Not to be a fucking abuser! What has gotten into you for God’s sake! I thought I taught you better.” She yelled at him.

“I am so sorry mum.” He replied, his head hanging low, still crying.

“Stop crying! I can’t stand the sound. You don’t deserve her.”

“Mum…”

“Shut up! I’m taking her with me and I hope it will give you the time and space you need to think about your actions and their consequences.”

With that she turned to Clytia and took her hand one more time, leading her outside.

Nolam had somehow felt relieved when he had heard the voice of his mother on the other side of the door.

He knew he deserved the slap she gave him. However, with her wanting to take Clytia from him, he was starting to panic.

“You can’t take her from me mum!” He protested walking towards them.

Janice glared at him, annoyed and pissed.
“Watch me boy! What are going to do to prevent it: beat me like you did to her?” She sneered.

Nolam was speechless. He hadn’t see that coming. His brows furrowed, he sighed, his hands running into his hair. He was frustrated as he yelled.
“I would never!”

“Allow me to have my doubts.”
And like that, they both left the house, without a look.

******
Thank you guys.
Sorry for the short chapter. But the next one will make up for it (hopefully 😥🙈).