3- A world once known

Aurora's POV

Cool air hits my bare skin causing me to wake up. I open my eyes and sit up in my spot, I'm still on the couch. My white dress hangs tightly against my body, not doing a good job of keeping me warm.

Outside a beautiful silver moon covers the night sky. The otherwise orange, red and yellow trees now having a nice silvery glow to them, some leaves have already fallen to the ground indicating that fall is soon over and winter is coming. I gaze over the beach and notice glowing stones.

It looks like the moon is reflecting onto the stones.

The more I stare at them the more I realize that the glow comes from the actual stone and not the moon's glow.

These stones are actually the famous Silver stones, giving off a beautiful silvery glow.There's nothing really special about them except for the glowing, but these stones are the reason for the name of the city.

No matter how beautiful and magical this place might be I can't seem to stop thinking about the world before this, the world where Paris, New York, and Moscow existed, the world we call Slephis.

After the war between humans and vampires, the vampires decided to take every human child to this universe (Lyiethal) where everything is run by magic.

That old world was doomed, no human, animal nor plant could survive the climate.

I wish I could've seen Slephis at least once before it died. Every book I've read about the old days seemed more magical than this world ever could be.

My thoughts are interrupted when Xander shuffles in his bed. My gaze flashes towards Xander as he sits up.

"Why the fuck are you awake?" he groans as his hand goes through his black, silky hair. In the dark his silver eyes glow just as much as the moon, making me uncomfortable. A human wouldn't be able to see his face, only his piercing silver eyes.

"I was cold." I state before turning my back on him and looking out the window. In the background, I can hear Xander getting out of bed and walking over to me. I sigh as I can feel his presence beside me.

We stare at the moon in pleasant silence. The moon sinks behind the treetops before completely disappearing, the sky covers in beautiful red, orange and pink colors.

At least it's morning and not in the middle of the night.

"We should get ready." Xander says out of the blue before walking towards his walk-in closet.

"For what?" I ask quietly, knowing that he could hear me.

"Breakfast." He says, muffled by the closet's doors. He walks out with a black suit on, his hair is still messy from waking up. As he walks over to the bathroom he motions for me to follow and I do, knowing that if I don't I will get hurt.

As I step into the bathroom Xander hands me a toothbrush with blue paste on it, I start brushing my teeth as I watch Xander do the same while he fixes his hair with his free hand. From time to time Xander glances over at me like I'm a puzzle he can't solve. We finish and walk into the main room.

Xander stares at my dress for a long time before walking into the closet. He comes out with a hoodie in his hand, he tosses it at me before walking out into the hallway with me running after. We walk through halls and down some stairs in silence, none of us wanting to say anything. We walk until we reach a pair of mahogany double doors, inside stands a long table in the middle of the room. Some vampires are already seated by the table, all waiting for breakfast to be served. Xander takes my wrist, making me let out a loud gasp as he drags me over to the table. We sit down before my eyes wander around the room.

The room is naturally dark because of the lack of windows and the poor lightning around the room. The floor, window frames, doors and ceiling are made of mahogany wood while the walls are made out of cold stone with golden candle holders hanging on them.

A loud 'bang' brings me back from my daydreams. My head snaps in the direction of the loud noise, my eyes almost popping out of my head as I see Lucius stopping his way over to us. Only once he sits down on the opposite side of the table does he notice me by Xander's side. Almost as if on queue Lucius's eyes flare up with anger as his eye color turns crimson red.

"What is she doing here?" he growls, I gulp as all my saliva leaves my mouth.

Oh shit, I'm in trouble now.

//Don't forget to vote//