36- Attached

Xander's POV 

"So how's her training going?" I ask as I sip on my glass of blood. Ethan looks up at me with anger in his eyes. He stares at me intensely for a minute before opening his mouth to answer. 

"Why don't you go look for yourself." I almost smack my head against the table, right then and there. 

"Hmm... Tempting but no," I answer sarcastically, "seriously Ethan." He sighs before dropping the mad act, knowing that there's no point in arguing with me.

"She managed to shift into a wolf," he says while stirring the blood in his glass with a golden cocktail stick. 

"That's it?" I huff. I was right all along, she's weak. Exactly what I don't want in my mate. And he wonders why I don't want her. The answer is right in front of his nose. 

"You're too ungrateful," Ethan mutters, breaking off my trait of thought. I look over at Ethan who has a bitter expression plastered onto his face.

"I knew you would get attached, you always do." Ethan's chair falls onto the floor as he gets up hastily. His hands clench onto the table, almost causing it to crack. 

"So what if I do! If you would only spend an hour with her and treat her like a normal person you would see how amazing she is! You would love her, if only you let yourself!" he screams before bursting out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I look at the chef who works here in the Royal kitchen before shrugging my shoulders and leaving the room as well. 

Unlike my younger brother, I don't get attached so easily. He wouldn't either if he would've seen what I saw in the army. Attachment only leads to misery, I've learned that lesson twice throughout my life. 

A wolf he said? No wonder I felt so happy the other day. She was excited and thrilled after her accomplishment and I could feel that. The bond allows me to feel Aurora's feelings and she can feel mine. 

Ever since we put her down in the basement, I've avoided any strong emotions so that she wouldn't notice anything otherwise there's a chance she'll start asking questions. 

I snap back to reality and notice my feet leading me straight towards the basement. I stop dead in my tracks and do a full 180-degree turn and head back towards the kitchen. 

I guess I'm up for a chat with the chef.