25- One day I'll let you know

Aurora's POV

The day has come to an end and it seems as if the situation they had earlier is now solved. Ethan ended up leaving me alone anyway. Now I'm sitting on the window bay staring out the window at the dark night sky. 

The door opens slowly and in walks Xander. Even from afar I can smell the alcohol reeking from him. I jump down from the bay and cautiously walk closer to him as his eyes watch me groggily. Once I reach him I lay my hand on his shoulder, leading him towards his bed. As we walk Xander stumbles and sways from side to side, unable to keep his balance. He drops down onto the bed, rolling my eyes I pull off his shoes as he groans. 

"Why are you drunk?"  

"Y-you... wouldn't understand," he slurs out his words. 

"Enlighten me." 

"Your fault," he slurs before letting a hickup leave his throat, "It's your fault, it's all your FAULT!" he roars. I take a step back as he sits up. 

"What is my fault?" 

He stands up and walks closer to me while I, slowly back away. Xander is no longer swaying nor stumbling around; almost like he sobered up. As my back hits a wall Xander walks closer to me, trapping me against the it. He stands tall over me, showing power and strength with just a look. 

"I'll never be happy, all because of you," he hisses as he pushes me against the wall. His hand finds it's way to my throat but he quickly lets go of me before backing away. He stares at his hands in horror like they are going to kill him any minute before shaking his head. 

"What- what did I do?" I ask, my voice breaking slightly. I let my feet lead me closer to Xander. One step at the time I come closer and closer, almost like there's a magnet pulling me towards him. 

The fire that burned in Xander goes out and all that's left is emptiness. No hope or fight can be seen in his eyes and his expression is neutral, almost broken. 

"One day I'll let you know." With those words, he walks into the bathroom. His steps holding no grace nor power anymore.

Again. I'm alone, again. Why does everyone always leave me alone in this room? I really don't like this room, it's so dark.