28- That's for a later day

Xander's POV

I walk up the last stairs before heading straight towards Clairy's room. I don't even need to knock before her door is opened and a furious Clairy is seen. 

Aurora must've told her about me coming back drunk. If only Aurora knew why, then she would be begging for a drink as well. 

"You drank! After you promised us!" I can't stop a groan from escaping my throat, irritation taking over my senses. 

"Not now Clair, I'm only here for my pet." 

"Yes, now!" 

"I said, not now." I try to keep calm as I feel the veins on my forehead pop up slightly as well as on my neck. But I see the determination and stubbornness in Clairy's eyes, she's not giving up and neither am I. 

"If not now, then when?!" she shouts making Aurora jump slightly behind her. She stands behind Clairy, ready to leave. 

"Later. C'mon Aurora, let's go." but Clairy stops Aurora from moving by raising her hand to the side, blocking the pathway. 

"She's going nowhere until you tell me what's going on!" 

My patience is running thin by now, any given moment I could snap. 

"We'll talk about this LATER," I growl lowly. Clairy glares at me as I glare back, her eyes turn a light shade of crimson as anger takes over her. 

"WE'LL TALK NOW!" Her eyes turn fully crimson as she roars in my face. 

"Aurora shift," I say, ending the argument. 

Aurora stands still for a moment before shifting into her black kitten and running over to me. I pick her up as thousands of sparks flow through my body, almost making me moan. One deep breath and then we're good to go. Aurora's violet eyes stare at me as we walk, her head spinning with questions. 

"Don't think so much," I say, taking my eyes off of the animal in my hands. "Your questions won't get answered anyway."  

'Let me down' she says through her thoughts. I open my arms and let the little kitten jump down onto the floor before shifting back into her human form. "Where are we going?" she asks, her eyes plastered on the path before us. 

"My room first and then to the mall," I explain as I too let my gaze travel to the path in front of us.  

"Do you need to change clothes or something?" I scoff at her words.

"No, I need your collar and leash." I look down on her as we walk, her eyes meet mine for just a second before falling to the floor. 

"I have them here," she says as she fishes out her collar and leash from her hoddie's pocket. I'm not even going to question why she has her collar and leash in her pocket. "So what do we need at the mall?" 

"Winter clothing for you." 

"But winter will be over in a few months." 

"Well, you need some for next year as well," I elaborate my previous statement. She looks up at me with eyes as wide as watermelons.

"You intend on keeping me that long?" her voice is quiet yet squeaky at the same time. Her words make my heart ache. 

Fuck this stupid bond between us, making me feel sorry for her. 

"Yes, but don't start hoping for that deal." All I need is for her to believe that I hate her even if don't. Ethan will take care of everything else.

He'll save her from... me. No! There's nothing to save her from!

Fuck, this stupid bond.