19- This is my home

Xander's POV 

I walk into my new room with Aurora close behind. It's exactly the same as the last one, except now the view outside my window shows the Silver City bellow. Twinkling lights dance in the darkness, lighting up the city. My gaze wanders around the room, this is how 'home' looks like. 

"It's exactly the same," says Aurora, I look over my shoulder with a smirk on my lips. 

"Yeah, I like it this way," I say over my shoulder, still with a smirk on my lips. 

"But don't you want a change, you had the opportunity to do whatever with this room and you just made it the same?" She wouldn't know how it feels to have a home, a place where you belong. This place is mine and here I don't have to pretend to be a king, no, in here I can just be me. This is my home. She wouldn't understand the safety this room brings me, not even if I explained it to her. 

A chuckle leaves my lips when the memories of my youth flow freely through my mind. Lucius and I would spend most of our days in here, god knows what. 

"I know..." No more words are needed, not from my side at least. I smile to myself as even more memories flow past my eyes before freezing up. The clicking of heels snap me out of my thoughts, I know those heels all too well. Hazel is on her way over here and right now I'm way too tired to deal with her right now. 

"Close the door." As the words leave my mouth Aurora seems to panic. Her heartbeats quicken as every second pass, she closes the door and I throw off my clothes before crawling into bed. As I make myself comfortable under my sheets she relaxes before walking over to the window bay. "Aren't you gonna sleep?" She shakes her head, before shifting into a cat and jumping onto the bay. The room goes pitch black as I turn off the light, purple eyes glow together with the moon as darkness surrounds us. 

I actually don't need to sleep but I like the feeling of drifting off into a dream and just relaxing. Besides, my bloodthirst decreases rapidly by sleeping. 

As my eyes slowly flutter shut a loud bang is heard and I quickly sit up, ready to kill whatever broke in. Although there is no intruder, no, it's just a shocked Aurora laying on the floor. She lays on the floor in her human form, quietly groaning at her injuries that she must've gotten. 

"What are you doing?" I chuckle as I watch the groaning mess on the floor. 

"I saw a bird flying by and it scared me," she mumbles, a laugh leaves me at the thought. She walks over to her couch.

"What? Lost interest in sitting and looking out the window?" 

"Maybe," she mutters, clearly irritated.