Chapter 3

It was Friday. I had seen Taylor around and I did invite her to sit with Hannah and I, but I think Hannah had scared her off on day one because every time I saw her she gave me and Han a little awkward wave and hurried off.
I had a spare again but this time it was the final period.
I usually sat in the library listening to music and working on assignments and homework but today I was just going home. I couldn't wait till 3. I was also trying to avoid Mr. Wisener who had been trying to get me to tutor some kid all week. I said I'd think about it but my answer was no. 'Hey!' I lifted my head to see Taylor.
'Hey, barely seen you all week.' I say.
'Yeah, sorry about that. Been kinda busy, look my party's tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come over and help me set up?!'
'What now?'
'If you're not busy. The party doesn't start till late but we could hang out.' Taylor seemed shy, I had gotten that. She also seemed really nice but going to her house? Would her brothers be there? I was mostly afraid of their looks. I didn't know if they liked me or not and it made me feel uncomfortable.
Then again I hadn't seen Taylor hang with anyone all week and she looked kind of lonely. 'Yeah sure.'
'Sweet! I can call my brother and he can pick us up.'
'Oh don't stress him. My cars here, I'll drive.' Taylor seemed to brighten up.

The drive to her house was longer than I expected. She was nestled in the really nice part of Beverly Hills Gateway, where the spaces between homes were larger. My mums old school friend used to live up here and we visited a lot when I was younger. Mum and I lived in a small house where the neighbors shared the garage wall. Nothing like the homes around here.

'It's just this one on the right!' I pulled up into the driveway of a beautiful house. It was large and had that Spanish style. It had a fancy bridge looking thing where you could drive the cars under and through into sone kind of courtyard.
'This place is beautiful!' I stated.
'Yeah, thanks. It's obviously not mine though. It's the twins. It was my grandfathers but they brought it when he died and updated everything. Made it new and fresh!' Taylor explained.
'Oh! I'm sorry about your...'
'Don't worry! It's been a while since.'
'Yeah! I'm sure you still miss him though?!' Taylor stayed quiet for a moment and I felt like such a bitch. 'I'm really sorry.'
'Don't be! Come on, let's go inside.'

The inside was even nicer than the out. The first thing you see is a balcony on the second floor. 'I'M HOME!' Taylor yelled out. The place gently echoed.
There were three hallways! It kind of reminded me of a cross if you were facing the front door. A tiny one going right that lead to a master suite that apparently covered the entire right side of the house and a small half bath.
'Down this way is the Guest bedroom, Landry and the kitchen and dinning!' Taylor said.
I followed her down the left hallway. This place was massive and every inch was stunning. The kitchen and dinning area was MASSIVE! It would easily cover my living, kitchen and dinning room at home. A large C shaped island sat elegantly. I was 100% obsessed with this place.
Another entrance way to the kitchen lead into the family room and the stairs to the second floor which were right down the hall from the front door.

The L shaped stairs took us upstairs to the three bedrooms and two full baths.
Taylors bedroom was huge, it had its own walk in robe and a great view of the front yard and the street. And her own bathroom.
'So what do you think of my humble abode?' Taylor asked. It wasn't very humble but...'It's stunning. How did your brothers afford all of this?' I asked. Taylor went silent again. It's like anytime I ask about her family she goes all shy.
'My brothers own their own company, international trade.' She says. She doesn't meet my eyes when she says it.
'So! What should I wear?'

I follow Taylor downstairs. I texted Hannah and told her I'd meet her here. So Hannah is bringing me an outfit a bit before the party so we can all get ready.
We are sitting at the kitchen island when Taylor's older twins appear. They both simultaneously roll their eyes and grunt when they see me. 'Ezra, Zeke! You remember Zoie?' Tay says. 'She may or may not be familiar.' One of them mentions.