CHAPTER SEVEN

Barry had gotten his sight back not long after Alex had confessed her feelings to him

Barry had gotten his sight back not long after Alex had confessed her feelings to him. Neither of them had taken very long to get tangled in the sheets of the bed that they sat on. Alexandra had felt so much affection and compassion radiating off him that she couldn't help but be absorbed into her emotions.

They had been half way through when Barry told her how beautiful she looked and took in every inch of skin of her. Alex became even more flushed than she was before, she did every time he called here that. However, she was more relieved that he was able to see again.

Sweaty and half dressed, the two laid in their bed for hours while talking about everything and anything. She told him about her time at her brothers and that she had been so happy that they had convinced her to go. Some days, Alex believed that Barry knew what was best for her more than she knew herself.

Even the little things that she needed reminders of - he always seemed to remember. Whether it was to take her prescriptions in the morning or that she needed to buy more tampons - he was the one to tell her. Continuously she feared that she would get too attached just for it all to disappear. She relied on him too much, yet he felt the same.

Alex was the shoulder that Barry constantly leaned on. She didn't realize the impact that she made on his life but it had been huge. Time and time again Barry looked to her when he questioned his own abilities as The Flash and as a son. Though sometimes wordless, she assured him that he was being the best that he could and that was all that mattered.

The two were dependent on each other - a feat that neither of them could have ever imagined. Alex had always been the lone wolf, she was always capable of taking care of herself. Things were different that year, she had learned that it was okay to be able to have others in her life.

Alexandra was about to tell him about how she knew more to Joe's wife than she put on when Barry's phone rang. He picked it up to have Cisco on the other side telling him that the two metas were needed at Iris' work as soon as possible. There had been a murder at Central City Picture News, Iris' boss had died due to Dr. light.

It wasn't hard to tell that the two were pissed at themselves for not being there to save the man. They had been too self absorbed to be even concerned with their problems coming from Earth-2. A man had died all because they were selfish and wanted time alone. All they could think about was the guilt as they stood over the body bag.

Alex had taken it harder than Barry. It was her fault that they had been there, she was the one that over reacted to Barry's injury. They would have still been at STAR Labs if she hadn't been like that. She was the one to storm out of the building in hopes to put this meta down once and for all - in the pipeline or otherwise. Twice now that the girl had ruined a path in Alex's life she was trying to walk.

Alex and Barry both went to the crime scene where Joe, Iris, Linda, and the officer that had been taken by Sand Demon already stood. She forgot the officer's name, but she seemed to know Barry quite well. Because of the lack of badge, the officer - who's name tag read Spivot - was quick to try and get her to leave.

MirageOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara