CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

Alex had made the bold - and maybe unwise - decision of inviting Dylan over to Central City

Alex had made the bold - and maybe unwise - decision of inviting Dylan over to Central City. She had debated it for a long time, whether or not to involve him in this life of danger, but she knew that she had to do it. If she was going to die like they all expected her to, then he needed to know the truth about her life.

Dylan deserved to know it all. From the moment that she met Barry to her evolving life of Mirage to the real reason she was in the coma and everything else that happened to her. It was too long that Dylan was left in the dark about everything. He was the only family that she had left and she couldn't lie to him any longer.

The moment that he walked through that door she told herself that she would reveal everything to him. However, things had changed the second that she saw that childish grin on his face that reminded her that he was just her little brother. He was too young to know of such horrors that happened in that city.

Dylan knocked on the door of her apartment late in the afternoon. It was just her home with Barry at work. She had mentioned it to him that her brother was going to come stay with but she never specifically said when. Truth be told, she didn't really know herself, he just said he would come at some point in the day.

Which meant, that she had texted Cisco saying that she wasn't going to make it into the lab that day. She had spent the entire morning cleaning and making sure that everything was perfect for his arrival. It was the first time that he was seeing where she was living and she wanted the best first impression.

Her apartment had changed a lot since she had first moved in. Pictures of her, Barry, the team, and her small family were scattered around along with ones of Barry's family. It was homier than what it used to be. Barry had added his own unique touch to the place that had tied what she had all together.

When she finally heard the knock, Alex used her speed to do one final check around to make sure everything was perfect. Dylan looked the same as he did the last time that she saw him. A small amount of scruff on his face and the bright green eyes that he got from their father. He was dressed in jeans and Henley.

Alex had that same grin of his on her own face as she pulled him into a hug. Life had been too busy for both of them and they hadn't been able to make more plans to spend time together. That always seemed to be the case with her life. She knew the cost of having a double life and that was part of it.

The two Holt siblings sat on her couch drinking beers as if they did this every weekend. A movie was playing in the background but they were too immersed in conversation to know what was going on. Alex couldn't understand what brought herself to nearly losing that relationship with him.

Too many years were wasted trying to get him out of her life for his own safety. Too many years were they broken apart because of her actions. Everything that happened to them was because of her. It was her fault that they had split apart... but it was also her that had brought them back together again.