CHAPTER NINE

Alex woke up several days later unaware of the events that had happened the rest of the night

Alex woke up several days later unaware of the events that had happened the rest of the night. After she had passed out, Zoom had dragged her and Barry's bodies across the city. He showed everyone that they weren't strong enough to beat him and destroyed everything that they had built up for themselves.

Central City had put their trust and safety into them and they couldn't deliver it. They had lost the fight that night and it was looking as if they would lose the war as well. Zoom showed his power to the people, he showed them how to fear.

Barry had woken up a day before her. He had no feelings in his legs, which had terrified him more than he could imagine. His whole power was his speed, and if he wouldn't use his legs then what good of a hero was he?

It was horrifying going from totally independent and having to saving people to not being able to go anywhere on his own. It was a huge adjustment for Barry. Even with his speed healing, it would still take time for him to go back to how he was.

They all feared the worse for Alex. It had taken her longer to wake up and they weren't sure if she had the same problem. Caitlin had kept her fears to herself, she didn't want to worry the team. She was scared that Alex would once again fall back into the coma that had taken half a year from her already.

It was an unlikely occurrence, yet the Doctor didn't shut out the possibility. Barry had been so scared the first time, she didn't need to panic him again. Alex was stronger than before, she could handle herself.

Barry had taken use of Wells' wheelchair, the only good thing that came out of it. He had basically lived in STAR Labs while Alex was still out. He wasn't going to leave her in case she woke up, or in fear that she didn't.

Once the blood had been cleaned off of her, the scrapes and bruises were fully in sight. Half of her face was purple and blue, she had taken a huge beating. Those wounds had healed quite quickly, but the rest would take time.

Alex woke up mid day. The bright sunlight pierced her eyes, emitting a groan out of her. The sounds had caught the attention of everyone in the cortex - which had only been Barry and Caitlin. They were trying to get his legs back, but it only caused him pain.

By the time that she able to fully open her eyes, the two scientists were on either of side of her. Barry's hand gripped hers, they were worried about her. Alex half smiled as she looked at her boyfriend.

Alex pulled her hand from his grip and dragged her fingertips down his cheek. She was so scared for him when Zoom had taken him down. Her hands swept through his hair and lastly her palm cupped his cheek. He placed his own hand on top of hers.

"We really showed Zoom who's boss, didn't we?" Alex joked. She winced as she chuckled. Her whole body was in pain and every moment had caused her to ache even more. Barry tried his best to smile at her humour. Her eyes narrowed as she noticed the chair that he was in. "Why're you're in Wells' wheelchair?"