8. Her First Day (iii)

Shivaay was shocked when Annika addressed him as 'billu ji' all of a sudden. This name was only used by Kalyani out of love. And here, Annika was embarrassing him by calling this name.

He placed his palm on his forehead and sighed.

"Dadi, please don't call me 'billu' from now on," he requested.

This plea caught Kalyani's attention. She furrowed her eyebrows at him and asked, "Why?"

"It's just embarrassing," he replied with gritted teeth.

Annika suppressed a chuckle, earning her a glare from his side.

Once finished with the meal, Kalyani got up from her seat. She held Annika's hands in hers.

"Beta, you cooked too good." she placed her palm under Annika's chin, "it's your muh dikhai rasam in the evening. Please wear a nice saree." she said and Annika frowned.

Did Kalyani not like that Annika did not wear a saree? She shook her head, no, she was thinking too much.

***

Annika entered the room. Her bag was lying in one of the remote corners. She pulled it up and opened to find a nice saree to wear. Her eyes spotted the cupboard. Should she place her clothes there? Would he mind?

She decided against that and left her clothes as they were. For now, she was busy finding a saree. The problem was she hardly ever wore it. At home, her closet was filled with fashionable and trendy outfits. But saree was nowhere visible. Rummaging through her bags, she took out a nice red saree that she got as her shagun. Finding the matching blouse, she decided to wear it.

It took her about an hour to drape the saree properly given that she was clumsy and the YouTube video wasn't helping at all. Once she was done, she looked at herself in the mirror. The glow of being the new bride was visible on her face. She adjusted her mangalsutra on her neck and proceeded with other essentials.

The door opened. Shivaay came inside. Annika looked here and there once she spotted him inside the room. Once he had a good view of her look, he froze on the spot. She was looking beautiful. He recalled being amazed by seeing her photos only. Now here, she was in front of him, wearing a saree and looking like an enchantress.

Annika adjusted the plates of her saree. He came closer. Her bare waist was as inviting as her kissable lips. He could feel lust developing in him. He closed his eyes. Though he was tempted, he shouldn't think about her in a sexual way until she herself is comfortable with that. He cleared his throat gaining her attention.

"How has your day been?"

Annika stood silent for a second. All the courage he could muster to talk was to ask her about her day?

"It's been good."

She proceeded to walk but tripped over the plates of saree. Shivaay caught her by her waist. His hands felt the texture of the smooth, milky white waist of hers. Her breath hitched due to his rough touch. His sturdy touch on her soft, bare waist was enough to erupt butterflies in both their stomachs.

She straightened herself and the plates of her attire, and muttered thanks.

He sighed, "Look, I understand, this is a new family, a new place for you, and you are uncomfortable."

'If he knows it's uncomfortable, why doesn't he comfort me,' she thought.

"You can ask me for anything you want," he continued.