22. Marriage Is Physical or Emotional?

"Annika?"

Annika bit her tongue. The voice belonged to Shivaay. She had made the statement in a fit rage and she could not be more embarrassed about it.

"Shiv—vv–aay?"

Shivaay walked closer to her. He patted on her shoulder as a sign for her to turn. She had her eyes closed. Colors rushed up to her cheeks.

"Annika?'

She turned. There was no other way to go with it. She had to make amends with what she said and possibly face Shivaay's anger for the first time.

"I want you to look me into the eye," he said.

And so she did. She met him in the eyes. Surprisingly, there was no hint of anger in his hazel orbs that created sensations in her heart.

"Shivaay, actually, I didn't mean it. I mean—"

Shivaay placed his index finger on her lips. Annika's lips burned under his touch as much as her knees felt weak under his gaze.

"Can we talk inside my cabin?" Shivaay asked.

"Huh?"

The receptionist was a silent witness to Shivaay and Annika's barely audible conversation. She wondered why Shivaay wasn't mad as he usually was in such cases.

"Can we talk inside my cabin?" he repeated his question after not getting an appropriate answer for a long time.

"Only if you are free," Annika replied.

Shivaay nodded. He gave the receptionist a look which prompted her to understand that Shivaay wanted to say something.

"Yes sir?" the receptionist asked.

"In the future, if Annika comes by when I am free, let her in. If I am not free, you can ask her to wait in my lounge."

"Okay, sir." She wanted to ask who Annika was. Then she noticed Annika's sindoor and mangalsutra, which in turn made her recall the recent news of Shivaay Singh Oberoi and Annika Vardhan Kabeer's wedding. Annika could say that the lady was probably cursing herself for not knowing though she herself did not mind even a bit. Not everyone was as informed and particular about details as her dear husband was.

"Send in two cups of coffee," Shivaay told the receptionist before leading Annika inside his cabin.

***

Annika was in awe seeing the classy structure of his cabin. To her right were two couches with a small center table along with some artificial flowers in a vase. To her left, there was a big desk with a laptop, a pen holder, and a few files on top of it. The wall behind the revolving chair consisted of a few pictures: from his graduation, his certificate, and one with the family.

Annika frowned. She was his wife now. A tiny part of her heart wanted herself to be in his family picture as well.

Well, only if he lets her touch his cabin.

There was a window behind the couches to her left as well. Shivaay had the blinds shut down. Annika thought to herself how nice it would be to not have the bright yellow lights prick in the eyes and have the natural sunlight get inside.

"Nice cabin."

"Thank you."

Annika stood for an awkward moment before Shivaay offered her to sit. She sat on one of the couches which had enough space to adjust the two of them yet he sat on the other couch.