40. The Infamous B-named Cat

Happy news, WattpadRomanceIN has featured this book in their Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hain reading list which is for Love after Marriage stories. It was literally the second-best birthday gift I received yesterday. Thank you so much for all the love this book receives that has helped it reach there.

This amazing new cover (see header) is made by anamika_writes Thank you so much for this beautiful cover. 

Last but not the least, I am really sorry for not replying to comments in any of my books these days. I am running busy. I will reply to all of them as soon as I get time. 

***

Shivaay seemed unexpectedly angry even minutes after they reached their room. Annika was aware of a certain distance between him and his family members by now. Despite that, she had not expected Shivaay to reply to Kalyani like this. Elders were supposed to be revered. Even disagreeing with them meant to sugarcoat words in a way they don't deem as disrespectful. Her husband, on the contrary, seemed too adamant to do things people deem as normal. Tadibaaz for a reason.

"After the way you talked to Dadi, she should be angry. Why are you fuming?" Annika asked shamelessly. Shivay was shocked by no hints of a tad bit of hesitation in her. The Annika he married used to shy away or hesitate in saying every other thing.

"Did I say anything wrong? She was comparing you to Mallika. Like who on earth does that? If she isn't getting rid of her obsession with making that road trash as my wife, why should I not show her the mirror? She was comparing you, a girl like you, with a person who has no name, lineage, or knowledge of her bloodline."

"You are talking about a woman, be respectful," Annika said in a warning tone.

Shivaay groaned, "Wow. Here I am advocating you to my Dadi and you are teaching me one-on-one how to talk—"

"You were not advocating. You were basically listing the facilities I received being the daughter of a rich man," she interrupted him.

He talked through her sentence saying, "I am not a kid who needs schooling"

"Certainly not a kid, but someone who needs a lot of schooling in the department of morality," Annika said intently, "You know what? I won't refute you calling yourself a kid either."

"Just shut up," he stepped closer to her, eyeing her in a challenging manner.

"Why?" she crossed her arms across her chest creating a barrier between his body and hers.

"Don't make me angry," he warned.

"What on earth does not make you angry?" she asked, this time with a dazed curiosity added into the mix of annoyance, anger and hurt into her feelings.

"I have said it enough times, I hate fighting you. I can't. What is your problem?" Shivaay sound defeated.

"Your attitude. Is that how you talk to your elders? Yelling at Mishra ji and Khanna ji over the phone is something I oversee because I don't understand a lot of it, but Mr. Shivaay Singh Oberoi, you cannot tell your Dadi that she doesn't want your happiness or can't see what exactly makes you happy. I agree her behavior with me isn't perfect and I don't like this thing about her, but I have never seen her wishing bad for the four of you. When I entered this house, I was a stranger. For you, for her. You have accepted me. She is having a hard time because you basically announced our marriage to your family a week after rejecting the proposal she got in turn hurting her sentiments. At least that's what Omkara and Rudra told me. This is India, Shivaay. Grandparents and parents are ever so eager to decide for their kids' marriage when they come of age. How do you expect her to behave when you announce your marriage without discussing it with her once? She should be mad at you, but she vents her madness at me. That is wrong, I agree. But that is between me and her. I can handle it alone. I don't want you to distort your relation with her while mending mine with hers. I will do it myself."