Chapter 8

Katherina POV

I woke up with a slight headache and went straight for a bath which helped to lessen the throbbing a little bit.

I put on comfortable black jeans and a blue top getting ready for the day.

I was hungry so I decided to prepare breakfast for myself and Nathan if he is around but one of the maids told me that he is not at the mansion.

There are three maids and several security people around the mansion but none of them are allowed to talk to me. Even the maids don't talk to me unless I forced them. It just feels being alone even when there are so many people around here all the time.

Another maid who looks older talk with me this morning telling me that she will prepare breakfast for me and I don't have to do any work but I told her that she doesn't have to do my work, I can do it on my own.

I start preparing my breakfast for today.

I didn't live in a home full of maids, I used to do my work from preparing meals to laundry to cleaning, so it feels weird for me to give order to somebody or to have someone working for me.

I have no idea what my life gonna be like, what kind of treatment Nathan's gonna give me although I do not expect anything good from him because he is a part of that same mafia that had ruined my life.

My dad never treated my mother with respect he used to beat her in front of me and that left a scar in my heart for my whole life. He sold me to Nathan just because he lost money in gambling and couldn't repay him.

Well dad never loved me because he wanted a son who would continue his position but unfortunately, he had me and he hated me since the day I was born, anytime he ever touched me was only to slap me or beat me when he was drunk and whenever mom came in between to save me he ended up beating her.

I don't know what Nathan can do with me. He is known for his cruelty and heartlessness. The only thing I know for sure is that he killed the previous don and that's how he became the leader of the Italian mafia. He is known for treating women terribly as much as I had heard stories about him he just sleeps with them, uses them, and then throws them like garbage.

What if he does this after getting married to me? What if he treats me in the same manner?

Lost in the thoughts the knife slipped from my hand and cut my finger instead of vegetable I was chopping for toasts. I yelp in pain putting the knife down at the counter to inspect the cut and the blood oozing out.

"What did you do?" Nathan's voice made me jump, he was standing right behind me.

I turn around slightly to face his towering frame at me, "N-nothing, it's just a small cut" I murmur.

His eyes move down at my hand which was applying pressure to the cut to stop the bleeding, he peeled my hand away and look at the blood dripping. Since he didn't put the pressure to stop the blood like I was, more blood ooze out and it was falling on the floor.

"Nath-"

He took my finger and put it in his mouth, my lips parted when his tongue slide across the cut. My breath died when he sucked on my finger and suddenly I feel week due to his touch, my pain was gone but a sensation ran down my whole body.

I grip the counter behind me from my free hand to stable myself, my mind became numb when he finally let go of my finger. He felt the tension in my body and stepped closer to me making me hit my back to the counter. He lowered his head and I can feel him smirking which made me close my eyes in the anticipation.

His actions were already making my heart skip beats when he ran his nose down to the side of my jaw. He could feel the tension but still didn't step away, "Don't ever hurt yourself again" he whispered near my ear "only I can do that".