Chapter 20

Katherina POV

In the morning I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in. My head was on Nathan's shoulder and my half body was resting on him while his arm wrapped securely around me as he breathes softly against my head. It was still early, and not bright outside.

His hold around me was tight around me so I stay still because I didn't want to disturb his sleep and also because I didn't want to give up this warmth and comfort. So I keep laying still relaxing for almost an hour when he finally moves and I got up from the bed.

I quickly went inside the bathroom to take a bath. My body got relaxed under warm water, I feel much calmer today. Although last night I got scared for a minute when Nathan didn't come back and also when he got irritated with me but then the way he calmed himself and took me to the ranch, he might not says much but his actions are loud and clear.

After the bath, I walk into the closet room and wore a dress that reaches down to my knees. I walk back in the room to brush my hair when I saw Nathan still laying on his stomach sleeping peacefully. I tried to make no noise and walk out of the bedroom after getting ready.

It was strange that there was nobody around in the living room when I walk in, maybe I woke up early. I went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for everyone. I made some sandwiches and pancakes and put coffee in the coffee machine. I clean the kitchen after I was done and walk out of the kitchen.

Since everyone was still sleeping so I went towards upstairs to go to the bedroom when I Chris walked in the living room, I immediately start walking faster towards upstairs because I didn't want to talk to him but he chased after me and stopped me in my track.

"What?" I low shouted at him showing him that I don't like his actions of always blocking my way.

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly which made me frown, "I saw Nathan walking back with you in his arms last night" he said and I understood that again he assumed something awful.

"I'm fine," I said and took a step away from him to go upstairs but he blocked my way once again and this time stepped closer to me.

"I know you are lying," he said raising his voice, "Katherina, I know Nathan and I know how he can be. Did he hurt you?" he said looking at my hands and face as if checking for marks.

"I'm fine Chris. Nathan didn't hurt me" I told him sternly and stepped away from him, "Move".

Out of all these people, only Nathan is the one who can never hurt me.

"Don't lie, I know him very well and I know what he became when he gets angry," he said raising his voice at me again which annoyed me.

"No! You don't know him. Nobody does" I told him angrily and walk past him.

I silently closed the door behind me when I enter the bedroom because Nathan was still sleeping. He looked peaceful, his eyes were closed and there was no stiffness on his face. Nathan is such a handsome man although his look does not define what he is from inside, but one thing that I know after last night is that he can never hurt me and I trust him with me. Not to disturb sleepy don I made my way quietly towards the balcony.

"Katherina" Nathan groaning voice stopped me in track, "Katherina..."

"Yeah" I turn around and walk near the bed, Nathan turned his head a little and slightly opened his eyes to look at me.

"Where you were?" He asked me closing his eyes and raised his arm, "Come here".

I keep looking at him for a minute because it looks like he was sleep talking but he wasn't.

"Come here, tesoro" he groans again (Sweetheart).

I walk around the bed and got in, Nathan immediately buried his head in my chest and pulled me on my side grabbing my ass. I let him did whatever he wanted to do and when he finally stopped after getting comfortable I placed my right hand in his hair running my fingers softly.