Chapter 12

(Katherina POV)

My heart sank the moment my eyes open and fell to the empty space beside me. Of course, he didn't stay and why would he after taking my virginity?

I should have been more logical, for a moment I forgot that he is the don and last night was just like any other night to him and it didn't mean anything. Tears fell from my eyes at thought of being just another woman whom he sleeps with and then leaves.

I don't know for how long I stayed on the bed feeling useless. I shift slightly only to flinch with the pain between my legs. The pain screamed at me about my lost virginity to the man who left me. My tears were streaming down my cheeks when I hear the click of the door, I turn to look at the side and saw Nathan walking out of the bathroom. His hair was wet, the water was dripping down on his chest, he looked recently showered and was only in his shorts not suit.

So he stayed?

He frowns immediately when his eyes fell on me, he took long steps towards me and sat on the bed next to me, "What's wrong baby? Why are you crying?" he looked impatient.

I cannot tell him that I felt bad because I thought he left me after last night. I don't want to act clingy especially after what happened last night, I have no idea what is going on in his mind.

"I-I'm just sore" I can't believe I just said that.

Nathan wiped my tears before standing up and taking the sheets off my body. He leaned down and picked me in his arms bridal style, "I'll prepare a warm bath for you" he said and place a kiss on my forehead before walking towards the bathroom having me in his arms.

I look back on the bed and found a patch of blood on it, suddenly my cheeks flushed at the thought of last night.

Nathan put me gently in the bathtub filled with warm water, I flinch when it hit me at a certain spot but slowly I got relax letting the water massage my skin.

"This will make you feel better" I open my eyes and saw Nathan sitting on the floor beside tub, "It'll help with the soreness," he said and left me alone.

The warm water felt soothing against my body I felt better physically as well as my emotions were in control after seeing Nathan but still, many thoughts were going on in my mind. The thought of Nathan staying back and not treating me like all the other women he has been with is making me feel better. Is it wrong that I feel good about it? Does this make me a bad person?

When I got out of the tub I felt a lot better, the water does make me feel good. It took me a little while to get ready, after wearing a loose dress I walk out in the room and found the sheets of the bed were changed and there were no pieces on the floor from the bottle of whiskey Nathan broke last night, the room has been cleaned. I open the door and walk down in the living room.

I hear some sounds coming from the kitchen so I walk there only to find Nathan working in the kitchen. His back was toward me, I watch him flipping pancakes and pouring coffee in the mug. He was looking gorgeous as ever, his muscles flex whenever he moves. My eyes scan the room and I found the vase which was kept on the side table was no longer there and then my mind flood with memories of what happened here. It felt weird to be in the same room where Nathan has killed a man but I think this is the reality of his and my life.

"I'm here" Nathan's voice shook me, he was standing with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

I didn't say anything and walk to him, he motioned me to sit on a stool where the plate full of pancakes and coffee were placed. I took my seat and Nathan sat opposite me with his plate. Nathan was busy eating his pancake but my mind keeps going back to the hollow space in the living room. I don't want to get beat by him or make him angry the next day after he made love to me but I was curious to know what happened.