Chapter 14

Katherina POV

A bright light woke me up in the morning, I raise my hand to cover my eyes from the glimmer of the sun on my face. I look the other side to avoid the rays and scan the room to look for Nathan but there was no sign of him.

I thought that he will be back in a couple of days but I got no news of him since he left without telling me anything. The following days went pretty normal after he left. I kept myself busy by watching Tv, cooking for myself which help me with my boredom. Most of the time I spend out on the lawn which made me feel a lot better. I love nature, the grass feels so good under my feet, watching plants and trees is peaceful for me.

I was sitting on the couch reading a book when a maid enters the same hall where I have seen my photographs on the wall. I notice that she didn't lock the door before they left. My curiosity told me to go inside, it is the right time since no one was around, I open the door and walk inside.

The hall looks exactly the same, my face was everywhere wherever I turn highlighting every single thing with the focus light flickering on them. I stood in front of a larger frame and the photograph in the frame sent chills down my spine.

It was a photograph captured on the street near my college, I was in a bright pink dress with my beg hanging on my shoulder. The photo was captured when I was standing on the pavement waiting for my friend Alessia to go back home.

How can this even be possible?

I look around and all these photos were from a long time ago before I even came to know about the deal between Nathan and my father.

This can't be true!

I stumble getting out of the hall when I saw Rosie standing in the living room in horror. I ignore her and ran upstairs in the bedroom, I locked the door immediately when I get in the room and fall on my knees against the door. My breaths were uneven, I was panting madly. I pull my knees to chest hugging them closely when I feel like someone is choking me, I was struggling to breathe.

I have been lied to for so long, I have been kept in the dark.

I try to calm myself down as tears sprung out of my eyes feeling like my whole life was nothing but a lie.

Why me? What have I ever done to anyone?

My mind was a mess since I have seen those photographs. I already had so many unanswered questions when I just got myself deeper into this mud and the worst part about it that I can't do anything about it. I can't talk to my parents, I can't question Nathan or anybody else. It's totally useless to think about it but it is suffocating me.

My whole life is a mess.

After taking a long bath I felt a little better, I went downstairs, and once again I was all alone. I clean the kitchen after dinner and went upstairs to sleep although it was impossible to sleep after what I have seen today. Before drifting in deep slumber I told myself that I will go out tomorrow to change my thoughts, to feel a little normal after all of that is happening to me.
~~~~~

I quickly took a shower and put a crop top pairing with ripped jeans. I applied a little makeup and pulled my hair up in a ponytail. I grab sunglasses and a scarf before walking downstairs.

I drank a glass of orange juice before I went out of the front door. One of the guards ran over me when he saw me coming out of the mansion. I told him that I want to go shopping, so he went into the parking lot and came in a car with another guard sitting with him in the passenger seat. I slip in the backseat and he drove out of the mansion.

We drove through a rich market filled with people, the street look busy and there were big malls and building all around. He stopped the car in the parking lot of a mall and we went inside.