Chapter 38

Katherina POV

Later that day Nathan told me he has to go for a party and I argued with him to take me for the party but he clearly refused saying that these are not the kind of parties where he will take me, so I shut my mouth and sat quietly when he got ready and left.

I sat on the couch turning on the tv and waited for him while I ate delicious parmesan truffle fries and french crepes with chocolate spread. I was stuffing my stomach with all the calories when the phone in the room rang making me narrow my eyes. I got up from my place and picked up the phone.

"Don...Don, why are you not picking our calls? Things are bad here, you need to come back" someone said hastily on the other side breathing loudly, "Hello...hello don, are you there?".

"Nathan is not here" I reply on the phone.

"Oh" I heard a long pause, "Hanna is it you?" the man asked making my heart clenched at the name but I stay quiet when I heard him cursing on the phone before the line got dead.

I slump back on the couch controlling my tears though it hurt me but I trust Nathan and I know that he will never do anything which will hurt me. I stayed in my room and tried to watch tv which was hard after all the memories hit me back of bad times.

I went up in the room and laid down on the bed thinking about all the things we have to go through. I had my trust in Nathan and nothing could shake it now until he says it from his mouth that all of this was a big lie which if happen then it will be my last day. I have completely entrusted myself to him and if he does not want me anymore then I won't be able to own myself. He had my heart, my soul, my body everything and I love him with all that I have.

It was very late around two-thirty at night and my mind is going all over the places. I wonder where is Seth now and what he is doing after all of that happened, does he went back home and meet my mom, did he told her that I have been shot? My mother must have broken down when she heard about all of that but certainly, it doesn't affect my father at all.

My mind was running wild when I heard the sound of the door, I turn to the side to look towards the attached staircase which goes down to the hall and then my eyes fell on Nathan, he is back. A smile appeared on his face when he saw me, he took his coat and shirt off before slumping on the bed beside me. He looked tired and exhausted, I can smell alcohol on him. He looked at me and motioned me to move closer to him which I did.

"You are drunk" I whisper softly looking at his face, his eyes were shut close.

He chuckled deeply before he opened his eyes to look at me, "It was a party tesoro" he said.

"Where I couldn't go?"

His expression changed serious, "I told you it's not a good place where I want to take you with me" he said sternly.

"But you can take Hanna with you" as soon as it came out of my mouth Nathan got up from the bed and stepped away.

"Don't you fucking start that again" he spoke angrily with me, "I already told you once I can't repeat it again and again".

I felt hurt when he said it, "She can go to a party with you but I can't? Why?" I argue with him.

"Yes, because she is not you and I don't give a fuck about where she goes or not!" he shouted at me and turned to leave the room.

"There came a call for you today," I murmur feeling hurt by him which stopped him and he turned around to look at me but I look away, "He thought that I was Hanna...with you...in a hotel room" my voice broke at the end.

"Fuck!" Nathan cursed loudly and walked away.

I heard Nathan talking on the phone for a long time, I lay down on the bed pulling my knees near my chest turning into a ball, and crying my eyes out. I buried my face in the pillow to muffle my cries when I heard his footstep. I closed my eyes tightly pretending to sleep, the bed dipped when he laid behind me but I didn't move an inch.