Chapter 16

Katherina POV

BANG!

The loud sound shook me and everyone. My heart was pounding faster against my chest when Chris held my hand and drag me inside. The gunshots increased as I saw all the men inside the hotel started shooting as well. The crowd was running here and there when Chris dodged me behind the bar counter and pulled his gun out.

I was in shock, my brain has stopped working. I have never been in this kind of situation, not even in my worst nightmare.

Nathan, where is he?

Is he still outside?

Is he alright?

Chris shook me hard bringing me out of thoughts, "Where is your head right now! Run out of that door, I'm covering you" he said pointing towards a door at the backside.

I didn't move, I was frozen to my place. I look around only to see man firing and women hiding and running away from the danger.

"Katherina!!" Chris shouted loudly and grabbed my jaw pulling me towards him, "Are you listening to me!" he shouted again when I saw his scared face, his forehead was covered in sweat and his hand on my jaw was cold.

"Nathan! Where is Nathan?" I ask him the only thing running in my mind.

"Don't worry about him, he will be fine. I need to get you to a safe place".

"No! But Nathan is out there!" I remove his hand from my jaw and stand up to look for Nathan. Chris pulled me down harshly to his body making me hit his chest.

"Why the fuck you care about him! You'll be happiest if he dies!!" He shouted at me and everything stop, everything.

He is right why I'm worried about Nathan, he took away my life, he took away everything from me but still the thought of anything happening to him didn't settle well with me I don't want him to die.

"But Nathan is out there" another bare whisper left my mouth and Chris's lips pressed in a thin line.

"Okay, just stay behind me and don't make any noise" Chris warned me and I nodded my head in response.

He stood up pointing his gun everywhere before he walked towards a door and peeped outside motioning me to follow him. I stepped and stood beside Chris when my eyes fell on him, I saw Nathan standing outside in the garden with Franco and two more men beside him. A man was on his knees in front of Nathan when Franco kicked the man in the stomach and he fell in Nathan's feet.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I heard Chris's voice behind me but my eyes didn't leave Nathan.

I saw Nathan raising his right hand in which he was holding the gun and point in on the man in front of him. Nathan's back was towards me but I can see him shouting something as his whole body shook with the impact making everybody around him to flinch. A loud sound shook me as Nathan shot the man dead. I gasped and closed my mouth with both of my hands to compress my scream.

"Katherina!! Katherina!!" Chris screamed my name and grabbed my arm dragging me to another direction from where I can't see Nathan.

"Chris wait!" I freed my arm from Chris's grip and ran upstairs.

"Katherina!!!" I heard Chris following behind me but I didn't stop until I reached a wide open hall with a big glass window on the three sides.

I ran closer to the glass window from where I can see Nathan and stood there keeping my hand on the cold glass. The man with brown hair spoke something to Nathan on which Franco shouted back at him, Nathan looked indulged in his deep thoughts when he looked up and his eyes met mine.

He was far from me but his gaze sent heat to my whole body. I notice suddenly Nathan's expression changed and he ran towards the building when I felt a hand on my mouth from behind.

"He killed one of mine, now I'm gonna kill one of his" I heard a rough whisper near my ear when I immediately understood that I'm in big trouble.

I tried to shout but he muffled my scream and raised his gun on my head. I tried to wiggle out of his hold but he kept dragging me inside the building away from people towards the secluded area.

Tears were falling from my eyes when I heard Chris's voice but I couldn't help him to find me because the man has covered my mouth tightly to stop me from making any whimper.

He dragged me inside an isolated empty room and closed the door stepping quietly towards the glass window.