Chapter 22

Katherina POV

The next morning Nathan woke me early while it was still dark outside and told me to get ready so that we can leave for home. We reached mansion before sunrise after that Nathan went to his office for some work and I went to the bedroom to sleep some more.

Nathan and I had breakfast together after we got ready for the day, he told me that we will go out for an important dinner party tonight for which I have to be ready by six because we cannot be late.

It was already two o'clock and I didn't even decide what I'm going to wear tonight. It seems like an important dinner party for Nathan, so it is important for me as well. It took me a lot of time to finally decide the dress I'm going to wear.

After taking a quick shower I put on a robe and applied makeup before getting into the dress. I don't want to stand out but I also want to be presentable so I put minimal foundation and some mascara to highlight my eyes a little. I went to my closet and look for some jewels matching with the dress when I saw the locket I bought for Nathan.

That was such a good day, he actually allowed me to go to the place where I wanted to. He cares about what I feel or otherwise he wouldn't let me do everything I do.

I run my thumb on the locket and thought about what I would do with it. Do I give it to Nathan? How will I give this to him? Will he even accept it?

"You're not going to stand like this for the whole day or are you?" Nathan's voice startled me but I didn't turn around instead put the chain between my clothes hiding it before turning to him when I brush against his chest because he was standing very close to me.

"I was just getting ready" I murmur.

"My boss is coming today, this party is for him. I don't want to get late for it" he said, I nodded my head and walked into the bathroom.

So that's why this party is so important for him because his boss is coming today although I still didn't understand how anybody else can be his boss, but I don't have time to get into it so I walk out and start getting ready.

I put the red backless gown with a little deep neckline, it was beautiful. I put on a pearl necklace completing the outfit. I pull my hair up in a bun letting front strands fall lose out of it.

"If it wasn't so important to leave, I would have taken you right here" Nathan's voice made my whole body shiver, I turn around to look at him. He was wearing a black Armani suit in which he was looking stunning as always.

Why this man is so handsome!

Nathan walked to me and raised his hand, I thought he will go for my necklace but I was proved wrong when his finger traced my neck going lower to my cleavage.

"It is showing a lot too much tesoro" he murmurs as his finger went between the valley of my breast, "but you're looking absolutely gorgeous in this" he stepped closer to me, "I might wanna rip this of your body later" he whispered almost touching my lips but he didn't kiss me.

Nathan step back and grabbed my hand as we walk out of the room. We got into a black Mercedes and I notice Marco in the driver seat, I greeted him and he smiled back at me.

During the whole ride, Nathan's hand keep resting on my thigh. I just look out of the window feeling a little nervous about meeting Nathan's boss. I want everything to went normal because like Nathan told me, his boss meant a lot to him.

The car halt in front of a tall illuminating building where I have never been before.

Nathan grip on my thigh tightens making me turn to my side to look at him, Nathan was looking straight ahead lost in his own thought.