Imagine #26 - Lost Boys

Imagine being a mermaid and meeting the boys.

Word Count: 1200

~

Mermaids are a myth - at least, that's what humans believe. Ask any other supernatural creature and they'll say that mermaids do exist, they just like to keep to themselves.

You, a mermaid suffering from never ending curiosity, are not like the rest of your pod. (Groups of mermaids are typically referred to as either pods or schools, the group you belong to prefers the term pod.)

You love exploring and observing life above water. You've been known to swim upriver and to lakes, trying to see as much of the world as you can without getting caught by humans.

Lately, you've been hanging around the beaches of Santa Carla. The warm waters and exciting nightlife are enough to make you stay even after your pod has moved on.

Each week, a mermaid can spend a twenty four hour period above water with legs instead of a tail. Mostly, this knowledge is shunned because most merfolk prefer life beneath the waves.

You look forward to every Sunday because it means you get to experience a whole different world above the waves.

Tonight is one of those nights.

Just as the sun begins to set, you scramble onto a rock beneath a cliff and wait for the change to happen.

The sun goes down and your tail changes into two human legs. You smile happily before frowning.

You forgot your human clothes down on the ocean floor.

Cursing, you shakily stand to your feet and look into the crashing waves. You have two options: go back in as a human and try to grab your clothes, or walk around naked until you can steal something.

A high whistle catches your attention as you see four handsome men on the rotting stairs by the cave entrance. You look up at them with raised brows, not bothering to cower.

"You lost, honey?" The blond with hair sticking all over the place asks. He was the one who whistled at you.

You don't bother answering, instead you begin to climb the rocks to get to the stairs. It's been awhile since you've walked, let alone climbed, so it's hard at first.

You get the hang of it quickly and stand before the men, expressionless.

"Could I borrow some clothes?" You ask melodiously.

Their eyes widen and they nod.

"Sure thing, c'mon," the platinum blond says.

They lead you into the cave, which is lit by multiple burning barrels, and the dark haired one tosses you a shirt.

"Shorts or pants?" The curly blond asks with a large grin.

You shrug, "Shorts I guess."

"So, what were you doing out there?"

"Can't you guess?" You question.

The leader smirks, "You're a fish out of water."

"We prefer the term 'mermaid' or 'merman' depending on the circumstances," you quip as he hands you the black shorts. "Thanks for the clothes, vampy."

"You're really a mermaid?"

You nod, "I'm Y/n."

"David," the leader with platinum blond hair.

"Paul," the crazy haired one with white pants.

"Dwayne," the dark haired one with an earring of bone and a necklace to match.