A Big Mess

{Jay POV}

Rebekah woke us up practically at the crack of dawn.

"Coffees ready and there's a blood bag in the microwave for you. You're coming with me to school." she spun on her heel and marched out of the room.

I pulled the blanket over my head, "she's in a mood today." nik and i laughed a bit when she shouted that she heard that.

"Well, she missed her dance, again." nik pulled me into his barre chest and kissed my neck a bit.

"Then I should be obliged to help her out." I pulled myself away and crawled out of bed before slipping on one of his long sleeve shirts on the ground.

"I guess i'll be packing this morning then." he sat up and scratched his head, "i could have tyler come help."

"Just ask nicely, ok?" I said while pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"I will." he said swinging his legs over the edge of the bed.

I sipped my coffee as I got ready for the day. Getting ready really was just me putting on some pants and shoes. Pouring a blood bag into a togo coffee cup. Rebekah was anxiously tapping her foot by the front door.

"Hurry, I don't want to be late." she said impatiently.

"Ok Ok Ok." I tried to say while pulling on my last boot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Picking up trash and decorations around the gym was not my idea of a good time. I could hear footsteps echoing in the hallway. Caroline on the phone with tyler. I shrugged and continued to help rebekah clean.

"Wheres matt?" Caroline asked when she walked into the gym.

"He bailed." I answered without turning to look at her.

"Got called into work last minute." rebekah explained further, i could just hear how irritated she was.

"You're kidding me?" Caroline walked in further to the room, oh, so she's in a mood too, i thought. "So it's just us?"

"Yes, and you're late." rebekah answered her, i took a couple steps away from them already knowing this could turn into a girl fight. "Clean up committee started at eight."

I saw carolines mouth drop a bit, "it's like eight o' two."

"Exactly, i managed to show up on time and i didnt even get to attend the dance that I organized. Jay's here, she doesn't even go to school." rebekah said before going to dump her bin. Ouch, that just sounds sad for both of us. I made a pleading face to Caroline, she knows that Rebekah has lost her mother and father recently and is just going through a hard time.

"I'm sorry about your mom." Caroline shrugged, "I mean, i know you, like, hated her, and all but still, i'm sorry."

Rebekah looked at me a little sad. "we're sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy."

"Yeah. he was." Caroline mumbled.

"I'm gonna get started on the cafeteria." rebekkah said quietly looking at the floor. I waited for her to be mostly out of ear shot before walking over to caroline.

I gave her a quick, little side hug. "He was nice."

I heard something slam against the lockers in the hallway and instantaneously vamped out. I pulled alaric off of rebekah before throwing him back against the lockers. Rebekah grabbed the white oak stake and pushed it into him as Caroline held him there. But nothing happened. He didn't die. Barely even hurt him.