Chapter 21: Madness

What the fuck?

As I walked out of the classroom with books on one hand and my phone on the other, I saw a lot of text messages from the squad and a few missed calls from Madeline and... Scout? I thought he was still not talking to me.

Shaking my head, I pressed Madeline's name on the screen and waited for her to answer. It was not even on the second ring when she did.

"Hey, I just got out of Biol—"

"Where are you?!" she demanded, a little frantic.

"Uh, campus." What was her problem? "I'm on my way to the froyo place."

She paused. That was weird.

"So what's got your panties in a twist?" I asked.

Another pause.

"Hello?" I said, in a singsong tone.

"You don't have any idea what's going on, do you?"

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Check out the university's gossip source on instagram. Now." Without waiting for my reply, she hung up and left me staring at my phone.

"The hell?" I grumbled.

I opened instagram and searched for the campus gossip account. It was like our version of Gossip Girl, only ours was way too lowkey and not that big a deal.

But then, that was what I thought.

The latest post was a carousel of pictures. The first one was of me and Scout at a formal taken by a Kappa sister, the second was a stolen shot of me and Alfie drinking at the Brick, the third was another stolen shot of us entering the dorm building later that night, and the last one was (I didn't know how they managed to get it) a photo of me and Alfie from high school.

My eyes traveled down to the long caption about me cheating on their beloved ginger Prince Charming, Scout Crimson. How dare I cheat on someone so kind and well-liked, right?

A lot of the comments were calling me different kinds of insults. But honestly, it was nothing I've never heard before. People seriously needed to be more creative with this shit if they wanted to hurt my feelings.

This was just fucking pathetic.

I closed the app and looked up at the open sky, letting out a long sigh. This was the kind of drama I seriously didn't need right now. I still had Parents Weekend and my midterms to think about.

Not a moment later, my phone was ringing again.

This time, it was Naomi. Shit.

"Do you still have classes?" she asked, as soon as I answered.

"No."

"Good. Can you come by the house right now for a chat?"

She sounded chirpy. It wasn't a good sign. Because even though it sounded like an invitation, I knew it was an order.

"On my way," was my only reply.

"Great, I'll be waiting for you at the study."

When she hung up, I rubbed my temples in frustration. No time for froyo, then. I took one last look at the clear blue sky, before making a run for it.

Not a soul was around at the KPK house when I arrived twenty minutes later. It was rare to see it completely deserted like this.

I went straight to the study, which was like a mini library. It was the seniors who mostly used this room when they studied, since the little room couldn't accommodate fifty girls at the same time.