[1]

under the unforgiving glare of the afternoon sun, han jisung scans the huge crowd of unfamiliar faces with a slightly furrowed brows. but when he spots a familiar freckled face in the midst of the sea of strangers, his brows softens as he shoots his hand up to try and catch the attention of said boy.

"yo felix! over here!" he gestures over wildly, excitement brimming in his eyes.

a look of relief washes over the other boy now known as felix, as he makes his way over to jisung, a huge smile now present on his face.

"jisung!"

the two boys crashes into an awkward hug, nearly colliding heads as they hugged each other.

the two boys had been best friends since they were in diapers, and the fact they had stuck together from then until this moment, getting accepted and entering the same college together, had to be a god-given miracle.

and as they stood under the shady trees of their new college campus, they exchanged information of their dormitories, also what they would be calling home for the next few following years.

"have you gotten your dorm slip yet?" jisung asks once he pulled away, reaching into his back pocket to retrieve his slip.

"yup." felix holds up a little white note for jisung to see, "i'm in room 454 on floor 6, and my dorm mate is someone called yang jeongin."

"i'm in room 458 and i'm also on floor 6, and my dorm mate is... seungmin," jisung read aloud from his own white slip.

"hey, at least we are on the same floor," felix said with a goofy smile, "well, should we go and see our new rooms?"

"definitely!" jisung grins easily, picking up his suitcase as his heart pumps a mile a minute.

ready or not, he was excited for a new beginning.

-

jisung took a deep breath as he stepped off the elevator and onto his dorm floor.

it was a dimly lit hallway, with a nicely carpeted floor, and had doors on each side of the hallway, each with fake gold paint plating on it, and if squinted at close enough, edges noticeably peeling off and rusting.

felix didn't waste a minute to admire the hallways and instead ran off to find his room, to which made the other run quickly after felix, not wanting to be left alone.

"i'll meet you later in your dorm!" felix said as he stopped at a door with the numbers '454' imprinted on it.

"alright," jisung nodded, walking past felix to get to his own dorm room.

once reaching his assigned room and taking a deep breath, jisung twisted the door handle and opened the door... to reveal a small room with yellow walls, two beds against the two sides of the walls, separated by a small nightstand. there was a singular desk tucked neatly by the corner, and another small door for the toilet. there was a small window that allowed some light to shine through, illuminating a small square of light onto the desk provided.

but what jisung noticed first, was the half-unpacked suitcase on one of the beds, with clothes spilling out of it.

"i guess that bed's taken then," jisung muttered to himself, as he trudged over to the other bed and flung his suitcase onto the floor, flopping down onto the mattress, arms sprawled out lazily.

however, when he heard a little creak, he immediately sat up, only to see another boy standing by the toilet door with an awkward smile on his face.

"hi, you must be jisung. i'm seungmin, nice to meet you," the boy said with a small wave, before walking over to his own bed and plopping down on it.

the boy had a good mannered face, and the softest smile jisung could ever imagine. he had dark brown eyes and fluffy chestnut hair to match his brown cream coloured oversized shirt, along with his simple jeans.

not to mention that he also had some puppy-looking facial features too.

futhermore, he was quite obviously holding in his breath too, because jisung concludes that the shade of red on his roommate's face was most definitely unnatural and quite concerning.

"it's nice to meet you too," jisung said cheerily, as seungmin reached out for a handshake, which he gladly shook, deciding to put his concerns aside for now.

just then, the door had burst open, for it to reveal felix with obvious disappointment painted all over his face.

"my roommate isn't here! can you believe it? i was looking forward to meeting him," felix complained, but stopped himself short when he saw seungmin sitting on his bed, "oh sorry, i thought jisung's roommate wouldn't be here too."

"no need to apologise," seungmin said quickly, holding out his hand, "kim seungmin, pleasure to meet you."

"ah," the australian smiled apologetically as he shook seungmin's hand, "lee felix, jisung's best mate."

"well, should i go over and wait for your roommate to arrive with you?" jisung asked, watching felix's eyes light up at the suggestion.

"yes please."

"alright then," jisung said as he stood up to follow felix out of the room, "well, catch ya later seungmin."

the other boy replied with a small hum, waving as they left.

jisung didn't miss the sound of a small huff of relief as he closed the door behind him.

-

"he seems nice," felix remarked as the two boys laid on felix's new bed, "i hope this boy jeongin will be as chill as him. might have to forcibly exchange roommates with you if not."

"yeah, he seems cool," jisung agreed as he picked at his nails, ignoring felix's last statement, "by the way, how long have we been waiting?"

but before felix could answer, they heard the door swing open and both of them immediately snapped their attention to the door.

in walked a slightly younger looking boy, dragging a huge suitcase into the room, heaving and panting. the two other boys had of course wasted no time aiding him, to the boy's relief.

"thanks guys," the boy said with a small pant, "i think i've overpacked a little."

"no problem," felix said with a beam, happy to finally meet his roommate, "i'm felix, you're new dorm mate."

"hi felix! i'm jeongin," the boy said, smiling widely, revealing his braces which almost made jisung swoon out loud at how cute the boy was.

jisung thinks he might have to take up on felix's offer he had previously ignored.

he was wearing a green hoodie and baggy jeans, and a pair of round glasses too big for his face sat on the bridge of his nose. he had fox-like features, like how sharp his eyes looked, and how his hair was dyed a pretty shade of cherry red, like a fox.

"i'm jisung! felix's friend," jisung introduced himself, earning another smile from jeongin.

"nice to meet you jisung. let's all be good friends!" jeongin giggled adorably, and jisung's chest squeezes with a strange sense of fondness.

and just like that, jisung had already completed his goal of moving in and making new friends.

-

( future a/n: i really wrote 'collage' instead of college and none of y'all corrected me 🙄🦶🦶)