[30]

seungmin sat at the ramen shop, staring at the empty seat opposite him.

'there's no way he's standing me up this time' seungmin thought to himself reassuringly 'if he really does care, that is'.

soon enough however, hyunjin had turned up, and seungmin would have been lying if he said he didn't feel relived that hyunjin did show up. 

"hey," hyunjin greeted, lowering himself down onto the chair, brushing his hair to a side, "thanks."

"thanks?"

"thanks for... you know," hyunjin's voice softened, "giving me another chance."

"i've given you two chances already hyunjin," seungmin picked up his menu, flipping through it so he could avoid looking up at hyunjin, "just because i'm out on this date with you doesn't mean i'm on good terms with you yet."

"alright," hyunjin mumbled, feeling small. since when was seungmin like this and hyunjin so timid?

"do you know what you want yet?" seungmin asked, looking over at hyunjin, who looked back up at him. "yeah, i'll get number three."

"okay," seungmin nodded, hand shooting up to notify a waitress that they were ready to order.

-

as they waited for their noddles, hyunjin suddenly reached into his pocket, pulling out two strips of paper, sliding it over to seungmin, who looked at it suspiciously.

"what's this?"

"look at it."

he picked one up, examining the back before looking at the front. hyunjin watched as a huge smile of realisation grew on seungmin's face.

"you're kidding."

"nope. they're solid."

"hwang hyunjin!" seungmin squealed, waving them in front of the other's face eagerly, "these are day6 front seat tickets! how did you get them? they were sold out!"

"i know, i had to pay extra for these from someone," hyunjin smiled proudly, seeing how happy the younger was, busy scanning the tickets with his eyes, hands trembling with excitement.

however, suddenly, his face fell, a frown taking place as he squinted at hyunjin with even more suspicion.

"is this some kind of bribery?"

"what?"

"bribery."

"for what?"

"for you to get back on my good terms."

"what? no! i just saw someone selling them online coincidentally, and i thought of you. so, i bought them."

"oh," a soft smile spread on seungmin's face, his eyes shining with gratitude, "thank you jinnie."

hyunjin's heart fluttered at the nickname, as he smiled in return, "no problem min."

-

after eating, which consisted of seungmin happily blabbering about how awesome the concert was going to be and hyunjin nodding along silently, the two left the small ramen shop and for hyunjin's house, as seungmin sat next to hyunjin in his car, staring at the two tickets in his hand dreamily.