Chapter IX

3rd person's perspective

Morning came in the land of stone. The four people were packing their things for their journey. The female scientist was troubled about the situation she's in. At night, back where they were moments ago, she was going to a part of the forest where no one could hear her do her "usual thing", until the other one called her, asking what she was doing far out of where they were resting that time.

Yeah, it was hard fighting off the urge to cough because of the itchy throat.

Now, back to the present.

They were already in their destination by sunset. Taiju was still full of energy when they got there. Yuzuriha was a little tired, but can still stand. Senku was panting heavily as if his life depended on it. And (Y/n) was already ahead of them beside the hot spring, sitting down due to the exhaustion she felt.

"We made it to the goal!" Taiju exclaimed, jumping up in joy, despite traveling for two whole days. "Hot springs!"

"Wow . . ." Yuzuriha exclaimed while being mesmerized by the view. "There's a great view of Mount Fuji, too."

Despite his heavy breathing, he said; "You two better have not forgotten why we came all this way." He, then, recovered quickly, standing up straight with hands on his hips.

Taiju looked at him and asked; "So what's this 'weapon of science'?"

Senku looked at him and smirked. "The greatest invention in human history . . ."

"Smartphones?!"

He chuckled. "You sure love your smartphone, but no." He gestured his hand like he would fire a gun. "We're making gunpowder."

"Hey," (Y/n) said, recovering from her panting mess. She looked at the three of them. "We're getting sulfur, right?" She smirked. "You won't bring us to a hot spring until it's something as useful as this."

He smirked at the girl and proceeded to get sulfur from the mountain of rocks near the springs.  "That's right." He said. "And thankfully, Japan is a country full of volcanoes."

============================

It was already night. The four of them were engulfed in a wonderful starry sky. The male scientist was still on the mountain of rocks that contains sulfur. The older Oki and his crush were separated by a barrier, bathing in the hot springs having their own moment. The female scientist was looking at the stars, humming her own tune while coughing silently in the process. 

She was having flashbacks of the time she was just a kid and before she and her brother met their science dweeb of a friend. Before she was interested in science. It was . . . peaceful. Just living a normal life in Japan and everything.

"What are you doing here at the edge?" Someone called, cutting off her train of thoughts.

She looked behind her back and saw Senku. She sighed.

"You could've fallen off."

Her face lightened up a little, happy that the science boy showed concern for once. Even if it's not the first time. "Is Ishigami-Sensei worried or something?" She smiled in a smug matter.

"Damare, Busu. (Shut up, ugly)" He muttered, cracking his neck. He sat beside her, joining her in stargazing. 

"Are ya done collecting those green mushy rocky thingy?"

"Shut up, I know you know that they're called sulfur."

(Y/n) laughed. Then, she looked at him and smiled. Then, she looked back into the sky, being mesmerized by its beauty. Then, it was replaced by a frown.