Chapter XVII

3rd person's perspective

"Oh damn, man!" Chrome exclaimed, looking at the roadmap Senku drew. "Let's start with the iron stuff, then. Wait, what is iron?" He asked. "Teach me everything."

"Iron isn't going to be that easy." Senku said, holding a stick. 

"Senku-Sensei's sorcery science classes, huh?" Kohaku muttered, looking at the two males in front of her with her arms crossed. "I don't think I could ever keep up."

Senku told them everything. up till it came to nighttime. When the lecture was over, the female scientist went down the shed and went to check the three out. 

"Are you serious?! Damn!" Chrome exclaimed, making the girl on the ground flinch. "The planet's the one that's moving?"

"Yeah, that's right." Senku replied, Lying down almost passed out on the ground.

"That doesn't make sense." Kohaku remarked, sitting down on a tree branch. "Why am I not being flung off this branch, then?"

"It's because of gravity." (Y/n) replied.

"I always thought it was weird." Chrome said, looking at the sky. "Some of the stars don't move at all."

"That's the north star." Senku pointed at the star that shone brightly than the others. "It's a ridiculously useful star that's ten billion percent true north. Remember that."

"Oh, is it?" Chrome said, looking at it.

"It seems slightly off from the true north." Kohaku said, noticing it. 

Senku stood up, poking his ear. "It can't be." He said. "It's within the margin of error---" Then his eyes widened.

"Does that mean that the Earth's axis is shifting?" (Y/n) said, looking at the star in pure wonder.

"The whole planet has tilted slightly over the past three thousand seven hundred years." Senku exclaimed. "It's currently AD fifty-seven thirty-nine."

"The north star has moved!" The two mad scientists pointed at each other, saying the same sentence at the same time.

"No wonder your sextant screwed up and got us lost on our way to Hakone!" (Y/n) said, crossing her arms.

Senku laughed, covering his face. "A true scientist would laugh at me. How could I have not seen that?"

"You guys are way more observant because you have no preconceived notions." (Y/n) covered her face in embarrassment, blushing furiously.

"I'm such a loser." Senku said.

"You're not the only one who's embarrassed!" (Y/n) exclaimed, punching Senku's arm lightly in a constant matter.

"Hah." Kohaku exclaimed. "You guys don't seem like a loser to me."

"I'm not saying that to put myself down." Senku said. "I think of myself as being so rational. But I couldn't keep up on this scale, that's all."

"It never hit me until now." (Y/n) mumbled, sitting down. "Three thousand seven hundred years."

"Wait." Senku said, halting everyone from their thoughts. "How did you know that's the ex-North star isn't the true north?"

Chrome smirked, suddenly having a pool of water with a leaf floating on it, and a stone on top of the leaf. "So even the great modern scientists don't know about this rock!" He exclaimed, showing the pool of water behind him. "This crazy rock that I happen to find on a bald mountain!" He said, picking it up. "For some reason, when you hang it or float it, It always points straight north!" He smirked. "Isn't that insane?"