Chapter XXXIV

3rd person's perspective

Three days have already passed. It's night already and all of them were already finishing up what they're up to.

(Y/n)'s been on watch the whole entire day after instructing everyone to prepare.

Then . . . "There they are!" She exclaimed, seeing them coming from hundreds of meters away through the telescope. Then, she adjusted it just right to see a planet called Saturn. "There." She mumbled.

"Alright, places everyone!" Gen instructed. "you wouldn't want the surprise to fail, do you?"

The mad scientist was blindfolded.

Gen grinned in an evil manner. "Hey, Senku-Chan." He called. "Welcome back." He said in a sing-song voice.

"Huh?" He muttered. "What's going on?"

Kohaku stood behind him. "Hah," She smirked. "Don't bother trying to call for help, Senku. We're all working with Gen."

Senku chuckled sadly. "So you bastards finally figured out the hack, huh?" He muttered. "All you need to do is hand science and my head over to Tsukasa and the village is safe. It's perfectly logical."

Everyone was silent.

"He sounded hurt." (Y/n) muttered under her breath.

"Just one final request before killing me." He said, catching everyone off guard.

Gen and (Y/n) looked at each other with questioning looks.

"Hide (Y/n) from Tsukasa." He said. "Can you do that?" He chuckled. "That's the least you could do after we saved your precious priestess."

Gen sighed. "I have no idea what you're talking about, but . . ." He trailed off. He gave the signal to Kohaku.

She nodded and went on ahead on untying Senku's blindfold making it fall down.

Then, it happened. Senku's ruby eyes glimmered from the sight before him. He was looking through a telescope with a clear view of Saturn. His eyes widened and his expression softened. "An astronomy telescope . . ." He trailed off. "Or rather . . . An observatory."

He straightened up after having another look at the telescope.

"January fourth . . ." Kaseki muttered. "Rock day!" He exclaimed.

Kohaku was smiling happily. "I heard it's your birthday today, Senku." She said.

"We all got you a birthday present." Suika exclaimed.

He looked outside and saw all the villagers giving him a smile.

"The whole village worked hard to make this." Gen added. "Especially (Y/n)-Chan. She made it adjustable just for the heck of it."

"It's not perfect so you gonna have fine-tune it yourself, Senku." She said, smiling nervously.

"Hang on, Senku!" Ginro exclaimed, pointing his two index fingers at him. "Are you moved for the first time in forever? You can cry, you know? you don't need to hold it in."

"You're so low, Ginro." Kinro mumbled, getting second-hand embarrassment from his brother.

Senku gave them a smile. "Good job, everyone!" He exclaimed. "This is extremely practical. We can use it as our watchtower against Tsukasa."

They all had a deadpanned expression

"Y-yeah, that's true." Kohaku said.

"Your feedback is as rational as ever." Gen sighed.