Chapter XXVII

3rd Person's Perspective

"Match four, Begin!"

As soon as he said those words, Ginro charged at his opponent, jabbing at full speed leaving his opponent almost no time to block his attacks.

"This kid is nuts!" He said, and after that . . . He got hit in the stomach. Regaining his composure, he blocked every attack Ginro makes.

"He's going straight at him." The villager with the raven hair said, enjoying the match.

"Ginro's on fire!" The villager eating a huge daikon exclaimed, munching on it.

"He's under the impression that he's gotten stronger just by eating those herbs?!" Kinro exclaimed with wide eyes. He's all healed now.

"He's never had caffeine before." Senku replied. "He's probably completely wired."

(Y/n) laughed, clutching her stomach. "And his gullibility makes him fearless! Hah!" She laughed harder.

"There's nothing wrong with that." He smirked. 

Then, his opponent let out a battle cry, hitting him in the face several times.

It was supposed to hurt him, but he just laughed. "That does nothing to me." He said in a smug tone of voice. "What I have that you don't is the mind to trust in science!" He said, Imagining himself as an unscathed Ginro with everyone cheering and the girls are squealing. But in reality, His face is all beat up, muttering incoherent words, making everyone look at him in worry and the females shrieking.

"Lol!" (Y/n) laughed. "He's probably imagining himself cooler. pfft--- Oh, my gosh, Wheeze!" She exclaimed, making Senku look at her with a smile plastered on his face.

Ginro approached his opponent with a menacing aura despite his beat-up self. His opponent was backing up in defense.

"Damn it!" He exclaimed. "Why won't you go down!" He was still backing up until he realized he was at the edge of the arena.

Ginro made a move and pushed him with his foam covered spear making his opponent fall down on the ocean.

"Oof. Is he gonna be okay?" (Y/n) commented, wincing a bit.

"Winner: Ginro!" 

He was acting all smug until his stomach made a run for it.

"Where are you going, Ginro?" Kinro yelled with widened eyes.

"He probably has the runs." Suika replied, squinting like she's . . . Well, she really is trying to see clearly.

"Not surprising after how much he ate." Chrome muttered.

(Y/n) giggled. "I have never had so much fun in my entire life in this world." She smiled brightly.

==================================

A new bracket was made. Magma was up against Chrome while Senku and Ginro are up against each other.

"I'm sure you know what the situation is." Senku discussed. "If we let Magma make it to the final match, it's game over."

"The probability of Ginro, who's all beat up, or you defeating Magma is zero." Kohaku said.

"So the only way to save Ruri is for me to defeat Magma." Chrome said, having a determined look on his face.

"Be careful. You know what Magma's capable of. have all the tricks you've learned be shown in public." (Y/n) said, for once, having a very serious expression. She's just . . . Worried.

"If you can take down Magma, you'll be the new village chief and Ruri's husband, Chrome." Senku muttered. "All we can do is hope that Kinro's done enough damage to him."