Chapter XVI

3rd Person's perspective

The three scientists were left in the shed with the blonde girl.

(Y/n) was bundled up, sleeping in a sleeping bag, holding Kohaku's hand as a substitute for Senku's. While Chrome was giving Senku a tour. 

"This is Exhilarating." He said in amusement, looking through all the materials the self-proclaimed sorcerer has. He laughed. "How many years did it take you to find all this stuff, dude?" He said with sparks in his eyes.

"See that? It's awesome isn't it?" Chrome replied with sparks in his eyes, getting all hyped up on touring Senku. "My collection is the best there is!" 

'They're all just rocks.' Kohaku thought, unamused of what's happening in front of her.

One of the objects has caught Senku's eyes as he picked up huge chunks of it. "Malachite! Chalantite! Corundum!" He exclaimed.

"That one's seriously tough." Chrome said, looking at the Corundum Senku picked up.

"I have no idea how they're different." Kohaku said, looking at the two. "Why are you two getting so excited about rocks?"

Then, they moved into another set of pots.

Senku picked up another rock. "Oh, man, Galena!" He exclaimed with hearts surrounding him. "Lead acquired!"

"That's one crazy shiny when you break it." Chrome said, holding a primitive hammer.

"Nope." Kohaku mumbled. "I just can't understand the way they get so spiritual about collecting rocks." She softly took off her hand and went to carry her jar of water to her sister.

"You even have Cinnabar!" 

=============================

It was already past sunset. Chrome and Senku have been on the shed, looking at the materials the primitive scientist has gathered with (Y/n) still inside, sleeping.

"You have plants, too?" Senku asked, looking at some of the herbs he found in Chrome's shed. "Felworts, sweetroot, canker root. They're all used in traditional medicine." He thought for a moment. "Ah, They're all drugs."

Chrome was silent for a moment. Then, his face softened. "Yeah." He said. "I'd have no idea if they'd work or not. I've been trying it in my own body and collecting the ones that were good." He paused for a while. "I'll collect anything if it'll make Ruri better. That's why I became a sorcerer."

"Senku . . ." (Y/n) called, getting everyone's attention. Her eyes opened a little as she let out one of her hands. "Hand." She said in a needy manner.

"Oh, right." He said as he sat down and put her head on his lap. Then, He did what she requested. 

"Senku, is there no sorcery that can save Ruri?" Chrome asked in a determined voice. "No science?"

"It depends on her condition." He said, patting the girl's hair and wiping her pinkish sweaty face. "But in this stone world . . ." 

Silence engulfed them in the past thirty seconds until Senu spoke again.

"Chrome." He called. "I should tell you everything." He said in a serious tone. "Everything that happened three thousand seven hundred years ago. About the world before it collapsed."

Then, it began. The story of the years how humanity built, upgraded, and made civilization.

Then. Chrome cried.

"Why are you bawling all of a sudden?" Senku asked. "What's up with your emotions?"

"I'm not crying. Wait, damn it! I am!" He said. "Who caused the petrification?" He said in a furious tone "If I ever see them, I'll kill them! our human predecessors spent millions of years slowly building this crazy, technological civilization, and it got wiped out in the blink of an eye?! I'm pissed as hell!" He yelled.