Chapter XXXVIII

A/N: I advise you to read the manga from here. from Chapter 61.

-------------------------------------

3rd person's perspective

When the two scientists went back, Gen was waiting for them inside the observatory, having something important to discuss with the scientists. 

Below them, with Chrome, he heard talking above him, making him a bit curious about what they're talking about. He placed his ear on the ceiling while standing in one of the pots filled with minerals. 'Senku, (Y/n) and Gen . . .' He thought. 'Meeting in secret?'

"A quick quiz for ya!" Gen exclaimed. "The topic is the Tsukasa Empire's secret." He said in a sing-song voice. He pointed at the female scientist. "You're exempted, (Y/n)-Chan."

"Whooaaa." (Y/n) said, clapping her hands.

"What is the unifying element . . ." He started. "Around which way everything else in the empire revolves?" Then, He gave choices, one for each finger he holds up. "A, Food! B, Pretty girls! C, Tsukasa-Chan himself!"

Senku chuckled. "Well, it's C, isn't it?" He answered.

"Ding ding ding!" Gen smiled, covering both of his hands with his purple wool coat. "Ten billion points for you!" 

"Tsukassan's already famous in the modern world." (Y/n) said. "He'll have that charismatic aura of a celebrity."

Gen nodded his head. "Yup! In other words, to sow discord amongst the enemy forces," Gen said, touching his neck, as if he's adjusting his vocal cord. "We just need to have to use the amazing charisma of a celebrity who wouldn't lose to Tsukasa-Chan!!" Then, he cleared his throat, putting his free hand behind his head. "Hi! I'm Lilian Weinberg!!" He said with the voice of the celebrity. 

Senku choked on his own saliva.

"That's amazing, Gen-San!" (Y/n) cheered, complimenting the mentalist with glimmering eyes.

'A woman's voice!' Chrome thought, still eavesdropping on the three. 'The one who was singing on the record we listened to just now?'

"Thank you, (Y/n)-Chan!" Gen coughed. "I can do female voices, too. Well, kinda." He said with a slightly hoarse voice, massaging his vocal cord. "Though I'm clearly forcing myself." 

"Nah, It sounds like her." Senku said, sitting down on a log that they made as a chair. "Very much so, actually. But you can tell it's ten billion percent fake, since it's a guy's voice."

"I know right?" Gen smiled. Then, his face made a sinister expression. "However, what if you heard it through our phone, with all the static and its low sound quality?"

Senku and (Y/n)'s eyes widened.

"Then we could bait them into thinking it was Lilian!" (Y/n) exclaimed, slapping the bottom of her fist.

"Then we could use the song as our ID!" Senku exclaimed.

"Ding Ding Ding!" Gen said. "A hundred billion points for both of you!" He continued in a sing-song voice.

'What are they talking about?'

"Her raw singing voice coming through the receiver would be proof of that incredible vocal talent, second to none - It could only be the real deal!" Gen said, holding the glass record.

"Well, yeah, 'cause it's the real deal." Senku clarified.

"They would have no choice but to conclude that on the other end of the phone . . ." Gen trailed off. "The diva, Lilian, is alive!"